From the Chairman:
Every Gift Counts
It’s gratifying and a privilege to be associated with dedicated professionals like you. You demonstrate the pride you take in being a chemical engineer through your generous contributions that fund innovative and worthwhile AIChE initiatives.
Having just closed the books on 2013, I want to offer my sincere thanks to each and every one of you for making it such a remarkable year. The AIChE Foundation raised $1.1 million to underwrite new and existing programs.
Fundraising is a team effort, from first time donors making Annual Fund gifts of $25, to long-time supporters who include AIChE in their estate plans. Every gift counts.
Here are some giving highlights from 2013:
- 3,611 individuals made a gift of up to $1,000
- 41 individuals contributed between $1,000 and $4,999
- 11 individuals contributed between $5,000 and $9,999
- 3 individuals contributed between $10,000 and $24,999
- 2 individuals contributed between $25,000 and $75,000
- AIChE’s Annual Gala, which recognized Excellence in Engineering Ethics, raised approximately $400,000 from corporate and individual gifts
- AIChE’s ScaleUp programs, which supports over 15,000 students, raised approximately $162,000 from corporate gifts
- The Institute’s Board of Directors and the Foundation’s Trustees contributed a total of $100,000
Large or small, each dollar matters and is put to good use. In the pages that follow, I believe you’ll be heartened by the ways your investment in AIChE makes a difference for our Institute, for our profession, and for society.
As we step into a new year, we hope we can count on you again. We’re setting our sights high, and raising our fundraising target to $2 million, so we can increase these crucial philanthropic efforts.
Thank you for taking pride in your profession and for playing a significant role in AIChE’s growth as the global home for chemical engineers.
Download and read the complete foundation newsletter.