Donations can be made in any amount, at any time throughout the year, to support the mission of AIChE. Traditionally comprised of unrestricted and designated support, the AIChE Annual Fund* is the cornerstone of AIChE's Foundation and supports a range of programmatic needs, including scholarships and awards; support for students, young professionals, women and underrepresented minority chemical engineers; education and training initiatives; and K-12 outreach. The funds are available thanks to the generosity of our donors to the AIChE Annual Fund and are reviewed by the grants committee of the AIChE Foundation Board of Trustees.
- Attracting the Best & the Brightest - programs that excite and inspire K-12 students and their families about the possibilities of chemical engineering
- Education, Training & Career Development – lifelong learning initiatives to enhance and extend professional development
- Research & Innovation – groundbreaking ideas and solutions are being developed to address society’s global challenges
- Safety & Ethical Practice – teaching and advancing worldwide standards helps to minimize incidents, accidents and makes our world more liveable for everyone.
- Changing Perceptions – educating and enhancing public understanding of the positive impact of chemical engineers and their innovations
- AIChE's Disabilities OutReach & Inclusion Community (DORIC) is instrumental in advocating for its members with disabilities. With support from the Annual Fund, DORIC has established itself as a community that raises awareness of the specific needs and resources for chemical engineers with disabilities and provides a space where they can meet and network with colleagues and allies. Read the proposal here.
- The Summer School for Engineering Faculty is a faculty development workshop designed to advance the education, profession, and field of chemical engineering. As a joint project between AIChE’s Education Division and ASEE’s Chemical Engineering Division, this program strengthens faculty professional development and student success through research collaborations, networking opportunities, and more. Thanks to the Annual Fund, we are able to invest in the next generation of chemical engineers. Read the proposal here.
What Do You Think the Annual Fund Should Support?
Another way the Foundation supports sustainable and impactful programs is through Program Funding Requests from AIChE Entities. Twice a year, the Foundation invites Operating Councils and Board Committees to submit proposals for new and innovative projects (over $10,000) that benefit AIChE members and the chemical engineering profession. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Spring Funding Cycle Deadlines:
- March 30 - Cycle opens
- May 17 - Cycle closes
- Early July - Announcement of grants funded
Fall Funding Cycle Deadlines:
- October 1 - Cycle opens
- December 1 - Cycle closes
- Early February - Announcement of grants funded
If you're a qualified member of an Operating Council or Board Committee, you can submit a proposal below or go to http://www.aiche.org/foundation-funding-proposal