Donations can be made in any amount, at any time throughout the year, to support the mission of AIChE. Traditionally comprised of unrestricted and designated support, the AIChE Annual Fund* is the cornerstone of AIChE's Foundation and supports a range of programmatic needs, including scholarships and awards; support for students, young professionals, women and underrepresented minority chemical engineers; education and training initiatives; and K-12 outreach. The funds are available thanks to the generosity of our donors to the AIChE Annual Fund and are reviewed by the grants committee of the AIChE Foundation Board of Trustees.
- Attracting the Best & the Brightest - programs that excite and inspire K-12 students and their families about the possibilities of chemical engineering
- Education, Training & Career Development – lifelong learning initiatives to enhance and extend professional development
- Research & Innovation – groundbreaking ideas and solutions are being developed to address society’s global challenges
- Safety & Ethical Practice – teaching and advancing worldwide standards helps to minimize incidents, accidents and makes our world more liveable for everyone.
- Changing Perceptions – educating and enhancing public understanding of the positive impact of chemical engineers and their innovations
What Do You Think the Annual Fund Should Support?
Another way the Foundation supports sustainable and impactful programs is through Program Funding Requests from AIChE Entities. Twice a year, the Foundation invites Operating Councils and Board Committees to submit proposals for new and innovative projects (over $10,000) that benefit AIChE members and the chemical engineering profession. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Spring Funding Cycle Deadlines:
- March 30 - Cycle opens
- May 17 - Cycle closes
- July 2 - Announcement of grants funded
Fall Funding Cycle Deadlines:
- October 1 - Cycle opens
- December 1 - Cycle closes
- February 2 - Announcement of grants funded
If you're a qualified member of an Operating Council or Board Committee, you can submit a proposal below or go to http://www.aiche.org/foundation-funding-proposal