AIChE strives to be your most complete professional resource. Visit this Job Listings page for current career opportunities! Please check back periodically for new postings. If you have a career posting that you would like to advertise, please email email@example.com for more information.
Employers/Recruiters: Please let us know if you would like a listing posted!
- Members: Let Employers/Recruiters know you found the listing at our website!
POSITION TITLE: Director of Maintenance, Atchison Operations (PDF here)
SCOPE: Provide leadership for development of strategy to improve reliability and safety for Atchison Distillery, Protein and Starch (P&S) manufacturing, waste water treatment plant, special chemical modification (MOD B), alcohol and P&S storage areas and warehouses.
Advise plant leadership, the Directors of Engineering, the safety and environmental leadership, and the operations leadership on matters related to safety and environmental compliance, capital spending, plant process and performance.
To ensure that the Atchison processes and systems are operating within design criteria and regulatory compliance.
Provide technical inputs to identify, analyze, plan and implement reliability improvements in order to ensure plant capacity. Provide reliability information/guidance to the maintenance department to improve equipment reliability.
Provide leadership and guidance to the maintenance supervisors to insure compliance in all areas and the effective use of manpower. Coordinate any requested help for capital projects through the engineering group. Insure all member of the maintenance team are performing at the expected levels and monitor all yearly goals for completion.
1. Reports to: Plant Manager - Atchison
2. Direct Reports: Maintenance Supervisors; Maintenance Planner/Scheduler; Maintenance Clerk
3. Indirect Reports: Mechanical Journeyman & I/E Journeyman
1. Education and Training – Minimum Requirements
a.) B.S. or M.S. in an engineering discipline. MBA preferred.
2. Amount and Type of Experience
a.) Minimum 10 years of experience in maintenance management role with degree
b.) Must have previous experience managing a maintenance department in a manufacturing setting
c.) Experience setting vision for team - Proven tangible results of maintenance department improvements.
d.) SAP Experience Required
e.) Position requires a self-driven/self-motivated individual
f.) Competency with Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and Windows applications
g.) Strong preventative and predictive maintenance experience
h.) Requires strong multi-tasking skills
i.) Excellent verbal and written communication skills
j.) Strong problem solving skills
k.) Experience in Union setting a plus
3. Preferred Experience
a.) OSHA Process Safety Management
b.) Arc Flash Training
c.) Project Cost Estimation
d.) Project Management
e.) British Retail Consortium (BRC) requirements
III.MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES & COMPETENCIES
- Manage the Maintenance team including both mechanical and instrument/electrical
- Provide leadership for succession and finding novel ways for maintenance
- Establish priorities that balance predictive, preventive and corrective actions
- Monitor PM program to ensure work is completed in a timely fashion
- Evaluate new installations and implement appropriate maintenance strategies
- Monitor and control maintenance cost
Safety & Environmental
- Work closely with safety and environmental leadership to ensure areas of special safety and/or environmental concern are maintained consistent with regulations, and that ultimately meet and exceed all established engineering and regulatory standards, to include:
- MOD B
- Waste Water Treatment Plant
- Distillery PSM
- Alcohol and P&S storage tanks
- Specialty chemicals such as POCL3 and PO
- Combustible dust explosion
- Direct the collection and maintenance of equipment information in the CMMS (SAP PM)
- Lead the development and application of preventive/predictive maintenance systems
- Evaluate equipment breakdowns to ensure maintenance activities address the root causes of equipment failures
- Establish and ensure adherence to a comprehensive lubrication program
- Perform failure analyses on repetitive equipment failures
- Develop and implement corrective actions
- Prepare capital request submissions including MEP calculations for capital project requests
- Determine resource requirements and recommend resources to use for project development and execution
- Manage the execution of assigned capital and expense projects on time and at budget
Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Direct planning and scheduling efforts to execute repair and project work according to priority and labor, equipment and operational availability and capability
- Plan and schedule contractor/vendor work and/or equipment delivery as needed
IV. SKILLS REQUIRED
- Strong leadership and change management know-how. Able to lead a transformation effort in an organization. Be a strong presence for maintenance staff
- Strong ability to discern and analyze, and bring necessary change as required
- Strong communicators: able to make strong and persuasive presentations to peers and management
- Strategic mindset: able to discern long term trends, and integrate them into company’s long-term planning efforts
- HAZWOPER, Arc Flash Hazard certification, Internal auditor training for ISO safety, environmental and quality standards
- Able to manage with strategy in mind, while taking care of day-to-day needs
- Must be able to understand complex manufacturing process systems and the relationship between process and control systems.
- Knowledge of OSHA PSM and EPA standards
V. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Physical mobility: walking, climbing, stairs, kneeling, stooping, sitting throughout entire shift.
- Must be able to climb into and out of narrow work spaces and work in high areas.
- Physical dexterity: Use of phone, fax, and computer.
- Stationary working at a computer terminal or keyboard up to 6 hours per day.
- Ability to endure possible exposure to high heat and cold when going through the plant.
POSITION TITLE: Process Engineer (PDF linked here)
DEPARTMENT: Atchison Facility
- Reports to: P&S Operations Manager – Atchison Facility
- Direct Reports: In Shift Manager activities, directly manage crews of 10-15 hourly employees to achieve maximum production of top quality products in a safe and efficient manner. Indirectly responsible for managing up to 40-50 employees at any given time.
II.QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 1-3 years’ experience in manufacturing environment
- Distillery and/or Food Processing operations experience preferred
- Experience with Process Safety Management preferred
- Strong leadership, coaching and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong personal computer skills including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Data Management, Statistical Process Control software; Ability to learn company specific software programs
- AutoCAD experience preferred
- SAP experience preferred
- Good problem solving skills
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES & COMPETENCIES
- Develop and implement optimal, cost effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards
- Provide project engineering support for Atchison Capital and Maintenance Projects
- Develop facility layouts, line design, process and material flows
- Develop, track and coordinate data collection and reporting
- Perform project execution activities including design, procurement, contractor management, change management, startup and commissioning support
- Optimize plant processes to reduce bottlenecks, improve process/product quality
- Provide timely engineering leadership to Operations, which includes guidance/training and technical assistance to operators, mechanics and less experienced supervisors to ensure safe and high quality production
- Identify and implement engineering solutions to improve process operations, including improvements in quality, capacity, uptime, rate, cost, safety, health and environmental
- Train management and operators on equipment, equipment operation and process
- Troubleshoot process and quality issues
- Support data entry and compilation for SAP documentation. Verify that SAP information is entered on time and is correct
- Coordinate with finance department for accuracy of accounting information for production
- Manage hourly employees to achieve maximum production of top quality products in a safe and efficient manner
- Plan and organize shift activities, determining manpower requirements and manpower utilization necessary to meet desired goals
- Communicate and coordinate production requirements for assigned shift
V. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSLifting up to 50 lbs to shoulder height occasionally
- Physical mobility: extensive walking, climbing, stairs, kneeling, stooping, sitting up to 100% of working hours
- Standing for extended periods of time. Occasionally needs to stand for long periods, up to 6 hours
- Physical dexterity: telephone, computer, electronic equipment, tools, machinery. Use of phone, fax, computer, and mechanical tools that require precision (welding, cutting, wrenches, lathes, etc.)
- Occasional Driving of a vehicle
- Sensory requirements: hearing, listening, smelling, touching, speaking, tasting, seeing, distinguishing colors up to 100% of working hours
- Stationary working at a computer terminal or keyboard up to 6 hours per day
- May be exposed to high heat and cold up to 100% of working hours.