The Norton H. Walton / Russell L. Miller Award is sponsored by the Safety and Health Division of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) to recognize outstanding achievements in and contributions to chemical engineering in the fields of loss prevention, safety, and health. Its objectives are to encourage the continuation of such contributions and to enhance the visibility, recognition, and value of the Division within AIChE.
The award is named for Norton H. Walton, Director of Loss Prevention at Atlantic Refining Company (predecessor to ARCO), Philadelphia, PA, who organized the first AIChE Air and Ammonia Plant Safety Symposium in 1957, and Russell L. Miller, Director of Safety & Loss Prevention at Monsanto Company, St. Louis, MO, who, along with Bill Doyle, Chief Chemical Engineer, Factory Insurance Association, organized the first AIChE Loss Prevention Symposium in 1967.
The following rules govern the granting of this award:
1. The award is granted at the discretion of the Executive Committee of the Division, but not more than once each calendar year.
2. The award is presented at the Division’s Annual Dinner Meeting, held during the AIChE Spring National Meeting.
3. The award consists of a commemorative plaque, complimentary full registration for the AIChE Spring meeting and the Division dinner, and a monetary award, the amount of which shall be determined by the Executive Committee of the Division.
4. Nominees must be members of the Institute, but need not be members of the Division.
5. Nominations can only be submitted by members of the Division and must be submitted to the Division’s Awards Committee Chair in October for consideration for the following year’s award.
Nomination Packet (Documents)
A commemorative plaque and $1000.
|Deadline||November 30, 2020|
|Administrators||Safety & Health Division (S&H)|
|Presentation||The award is presented at the Safety and Health Division Dinner (during the AIChE Spring Meeting) by the Division Chair and Awards Chair.|
|Nomination Instructions|| |
Selection criteria include:
The deadline for nomination is Monday November 30, 2020. Nomination forms/packages should be sent electronically to: