- Board Awards - Instructions & Form
- Institute Awards - Instructions & Form
- Division & Forum Awards - Instructions & Form
- Committee and Other Awards - Instructions
Institute & Board of Directors Awards Provisions, Eligibility, and Nominations
- AIChE Institute Awards are selected by the Awards Selection Subcommittee and AIChE Board of Directors' Awards are selected by the AIChE Board of Directors.
- Institute Awards are presented at the discretion of the Awards Selection Subcommittee, and Board of Directors' Awards at the discretion of the Board of Directors, but not more than once per year, unless otherwise stated.
- A winner of an Institute or Board of Directors' Award cannot be a candidate for another Institute or Board of Directors' Award for four years after winning. A candidate can be considered for only one Institute or Board of Directors' Award in a given year.
- Board members are not eligible to receive a Board Award while serving on the Board.
- Members of the Awards Selection Subcommittee are not eligible for an AIChE award selected by the subcommittee until at least one year after his/her service has terminated on that subcommittee.
- Awards will be presented at the Honors Ceremony of the AIChE Annual Meeting.
- Members of the Awards Selection Subcommittee may not submit nominations for Institute Awards.
All members of AIChE are encouraged to nominate deserving candidates.
Nominations are created and filed using an online platform: https://aiche.smapply.org. Hard-copy and email submissions of nomination materials for the Board Awards and Institute Awards are no longer accepted.
Nominations for the Institute and Board Awards shall be received no later than 11:59 pm Eastern time on February 15. Nominations will be acknowledged by AIChE's Awards Administrator via email and/or via the award nomination system.
Nomination packets shall consist of
a) a completed nomination form.
b) a statement of the candidate’s qualifications for the award, limited to 800 words. Identification of the specific work on which the nomination is based and an evaluation and appraisal of the nominee's accomplishments, particularly the work to be recognized by the award in question, are of great importance.
c) a minimum of two and not more than four brief (two-page maximum) supporting letters from colleagues (peers) or former students that support the substance of the nomination [uploaded attachments in MS-Word or PDF format]. These letters should contain factual information not provided elsewhere in the nomination.
d) one optional attachment of ten pages or less — consisting of (for example) an abbreviated CV that highlights relevant publications, patents, important honors, and key accomplishments that are pertinent to the award in question [uploaded MS-Word or PDF document].
Institute or Board of Directors' Award nominations must be received by 11:59 p.m. EST on February 15.
Renomination of candidates is encouraged; nominations for Institute Awards are not extended automatically. It is highly recommended, but not required, that the contents of the nomination package and of the supporting letters be updated annually to be competitive; at minimum, however, the nomination form and supporting letters must have current dates. Nominations for Board of Directors' Awards remain active for three years without renomination.
Division & Forum Awards Provisions, Eligibility, & Nominations
The following apply to all Division and Forum awards unless otherwise noted:
- Awards are administered by each Division or Forum.
- Nominations are reviewed and an awardee selected by a subcommittee of the Division or Forum.
- Nominations must include a brief professional history of the nominee and specify how the nominee meets the criteria of the award.
- Three to five supporting letters, citing specific contributions and the reasons for their value.
- Submit an electronic copy of the nomination form and supporting materials to the designated Division/Forum Award Committee Chair.
- Most awards are presented annually.
- Division and Forum awards do not always require Division/Forum or AIChE membership. Some awards do make membership a specific eligibility requirement so refer to the individual award description for details.
- Awards are presented at a special session, luncheon or dinner meeting of the Division or Forum at one of AIChE's National conferences.
- Award recognition appears in member publications, meeting program books, and/or website listings.
Committee & Other Awards Provisions & Eligibility
The following apply to all Committee Awards unless otherwise noted:
- Awards are administered by the Committees, with the cooperation of the AIChE Awards Administrator.
- Awards are presented annually.
- Nominations are reviewed and an awardee selected by a subcommittee of each Committee.
- Nominees do not have to be AIChE members.
- When appropriate, recognition is printed in AIChExchange and other publications.