Best Presentation Award at Spring 2013
F&PD kicked off a best presentation award for the first time at the 2013 Spring Meeting in San Antonio. This first time pilot award was available to all presenters in F&PD sponsored sessions that had submitted an extended abstract.
Selecting a best presentation proved very difficult for the judges. Since there were many excellent presentations and the judges could not attend all of them. About 60 presentations were eligible for the awards. The judges identified 7 of these as outstanding and each of these were awarded a certificate for each author and a $50 Visa Gift Card.
The 7 winning presentations were:
- Paper 23E by Ravi Nath, Honeywell
- Paper 13f by Sashi Mistry, Craig Manganm, Jim Eshpeter, Sunocor Energy and Sanjay Sharma, Honeywell
- Paper 24d by Simon Pugh, Edward Isyiyama, James Kennedy, ISH, Ian Wilson, Univ. of Cambridge, Alison Ogden-Quin and Graham Birch, Petroineos
- Paper 60c by Sanjiv Ratan, Technip
- Paper 79f by Bert Pluymers and Edin Weetnik, IPCOS
- Paper 131a by Byung Kyu Kim, Ray Mentzer, and Sam Mannan, Texas A&M
- Paper 131b by Alfonso Ibaretta, Ryan Hart, Trey Morrison, and Hari Mytomaa, Exponent Inc.
- Paper 131d by Filipo Gavelli and Scott Davis, Gexcon
- Paper 56f by Herbert Moon and Ingu Kim, Daewoo