In this webinar, presenters describe and examine potential LNG (liquefied natural gas) hazards and risk-reduction methods for the LNG value chain ― production and consumption.
AIChE communities that address energy-related topics include:
- Catalysis and Reaction Engineering Division
- Environmental Division
- Fuels & Petrochemicals Division
- Nuclear Engineering Division
- Process Development Division
- Sustainability Engineering Forum
- Transport and Energy Processes Division
- Research and New Technology Committee
This presentation will provide an overview of a process to produce algae bio-crude from algae grown in open ponds using non-potable water and non-arable soil.
The presentation provides some general background on biofuels and on the use of algae as a biomass source for making liquid fuels. The presentation focuses on R&D efforts related to processing algae in its wet state, which eliminates an energy intensive drying step.
Global energy and climate problems have stimulated increased efforts in synthesizing fuels and chemicals from renewable resources.
This presentation provides a high-level review of the current trends in technology and markets for biomass feedstocks and the future outlook.