AIChE 2015-2016 Sister Chapter Program
AIChE is rapidly expanding with increasing amount of student chapters starting around the globe. In order to help the chemical engineers of tomorrow get acquainted with different cultures and customs, AIChE is looking to help these students network with each other while still in school. The Sister Chapters program helps prepare our students for the increasingly global environment they will enter upon graduation. This program complements AIChE global development initiatives by connecting AIChE Student Chapters from different countries to form yearlong partnerships throughout the academic year. Calls for participation will go out in September when the school year begins, and Student Chapters can elect to participate yearly in the program.
- Increase international awareness of, connection to, and involvement with AIChE
- Build an ongoing relationship between International and American AIChE student chapters
- Connect future chemical engineers from around the globe with AIChE
- Provide insight into AIChE student chapters to other chemical engineering academic programs and fields of interest around the globe.
How to become a Sister Chapter—Participation Requirements/ Timeline
September- November: Call for Participation Form will be sent out to all Student Chapter Presidents and Advisors. Chapters who wish to participate in the program will fill out the form and can request to remain matched with a Sister Chapter if they already have an established relationship. Chapters without an active sister chapter relationship will be matched up during this Call for Participation.
December: AIChE Sister Chapter matches will be sent out along with guidelines for the program and discussion topics.
December - June: Minimum suggested monthly participation will include (1) monthly video conference between the chapters. Afterwards, chapters will compose an article outlining what was discussed, any difficulties encountered and how they worked together. These articles will be submitted to be featured on AIChE's ChEnected blog.
June: Chapters will submit an evaluation and can apply for the Sister Chapter Award (more information coming soon). Winning Chapters will be invited to present during the Sister Chapter Workshop at the Annual Student Conference the following year.
- Template on How to become a successful Sister Chapter
- Presentation by the University of Michigan chapter at the 2012 Annual Student Conference: Sister Chapter Presentation (PDF)
To sign up for the 2015-2016 AIChE Sister Chapter Program, please submit using the online form
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.