Connecting International and American ChemE Students
AIChE is rapidly expanding its student chapters around the globe. In order to help the chemical engineers of tomorrow get acquainted with different cultures and customs, AIChE is looking to help these students network with each other while still in school. The Sister Chapters program helps prepare our students for the increasingly global environment they will enter upon graduation.
- Increase international awareness of, connection to, and involvement with AIChE
- Build an ongoing relationship between International and American AIChE student chapters
- Connect future chemical engineers from around the globe with AIChE
- Provide insight into AIChE student chapters to other chemical engineering academic programs and fields of interest around the globe.
How to become a Sister Chapter—Participation Requirements
- Commitment of time on the part of each group to write, send pictures, and call/video conference on an ongoing basis, for a minimum period of one academic year
- One point person from each group who will be in charge of cultivating this relationship, in addition to a functioning board of leadership from both groups (president, vice-president, treasurer, secretary)
- End of year evaluation
- Template on How to become a successful Sister Chapter
- Presentation by the University of Michigan chapter at the 2012 Annual Student Conference: Sister Chapter Presentation (PDF)
AIChE will be launching a new Sister Chapter Program, and will be conducting all matching during the Fall. Please check back here, or check your email for an email announcement in September 2015 for sign ups.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.