Minimize Flaring in Oil and Gas Facilities
Flaring is one of the most visible forms of waste at upstream and downstream oil and gas facilities. Capturing flare gas not only has environmental benefits, it has economic incentives as well.
Use Risk-Based Methodologies to Improve Asset Integrity Management
A risk-based approach to asset integrity management offers several cost, safety, and productivity benefits.
Fluids and Solids Handling
How to Re-Suspend Settled Solids in an Agitated Tank
If a process that involves solids in suspension loses power, it can be difficult to re-suspend the solids, depending on the particle characteristics. This article offers some practical solutions.
Conducting a Climate Risk Vulnerability Assessment
As extreme weather events increase in frequency and severity, the potential impact on safe and reliable operations of process plants can be evaluated using a climate risk vulnerability assessment.
- New CRISPR-Based Technique Edits Whole Genes
- What Caused the 2021 Pacific Northwest Heat Wave?
- Using Porous Protein Crystals to Track Mosquitoes
- New Experimental Vaccine Targets Every Flu Type
- Business Update
- Editorial: Bringing New Light to Gas Flaring
- Catalyzing Commercialization: New Firefighting Nozzles Suppress Wildfires More Quickly
- AIChE Journal Highlight: Integrating Brown and Blue Pathways with Green Hydrogen Infrastructure
- Process Safety Beacon: Effects from Changes May Take Years to Appear
- New Products: Bioprocessing; Instrumentation; Fluids and Solids Handling; Software; Laboratory Equipment; Operations and Maintenance
- Patent Update: Patents Expire, But Trademarks Can Last Forever
- ChE in Context: Be a Champion of Engineering and Science
- Emerging Voices: Looking Back at the Senior Design Project
- Meeting Sneak Peek: AIChE Spring Meeting and 19th Global Congress on Process Safety, Mar. 12–16, Houston, TX
- Institute News
- President’s Message: Expanding our Impacts in a Disrupted World
- AIChE Gala Honors Chevron, Ecolab for Societal Contributions; MIT’s Paula Hammond Receives Doing a World of Good Medal
- 2022 AIChE Annual Meeting – in Pictures