Enjoy a series of 12 blog posts on ChEnected about who ChEs are, what we’re doing, and where we’re going. I’ll look at trends, consider the wide range of our abilities and achievements, and write about some of the core and new directions we are seeing.
These topics are especially important right now because it looks like we are in the early stages of a new Golden Age of Chemical Engineering.
You can click on any of the individual posts or read all 12 in the series.
- Entering a New Golden Age of Chemical Engineering
- ChE-style Manufacturing Moves into the Spotlight
- More ChE Manufacturing: Rebuilding the Body
- Shale Gas in the Middle of the Worldwide Energy Drama
- The New Energy Mix: Abundance and Sustainability?
- Biology and ChE: Applying a Molecular Science (Part I)
- Biology and ChE: Applying a Molecular Science (Part II)
- ChE Computing Becomes Cyberinfrastructure
- Massively Parallel Computing and Massive Impacts for ChE
- From Big Data to Smart Manufacturing
- Embracing the Breadth and the Unity of ChE
- Seizing the Future of ChE
To illustrate the breadth of chemical engineering and to explore ways in which the profession is changing, throughout 2013 AIChE will be featuring profiles of today’s young professionals, as well as experienced engineers. This effort is being spearheaded by 2013 President Phillip Westmoreland. To learn more, see Dr. Westmoreland's President's Message. You can also read his blog series etitled "We Are ChE: Entering a Golden Age".