Important Notice: Limited Web Access Dec 16 to 18, 2016
AIChE will undertake a routine upgrade of our digital infrastructure over the weekend of December 16-18, 2016. During this period access to certain areas of the website will be limited. Additional information will be forthcoming shortly.
The Transport and Energy Processes (TEP) Division reports on promising technologies being considered nationwide for pilot and demonstration scale development; for example, fuel cell systems capable of using a variety of fuels, and biofuel production facilities that use non-food, non-feed renewable feedstocks. In addition, opportunities for alternative fossil fuels continue to draw significant interest.
Focusing on the broad field of heat transfer, the AIChE Transport and Energy Processes Division coordinates meetings and conferences that provide opportunities for engineers and scientists to exchange ideas, experiences and evaluations. This division also coordinates the institute’s activities with other societies connected to the field.
TEP Mission Statement
The TEP Division provides a platform for our members and non-members for the following:
- Establish and expand your professional and social network.
- Obtain information on emerging technologies through tutorials and refresher courses on fuel cells, energy storage, and nanotechnology, and other topics relevant to your professional development.
- Obtain advanced information through topical and technical sessions.
- Develop valuable contacts leading to collaborations and funding.
- Develop contacts with academia, government agencies and National Laboratories.
Short Courses and Tutorials
- TEP organizes and partners with other AIChE divisions to design and implement short courses and tutorials in order to provide information on new technologies through refresher courses on fuel cells, energy storage, nanotechnology, or any other topic related to TEP.
- Upcoming courses and tutorials: TBA
Current TEP Officers are listed here. What do TEP officers do?
- Participate in the young professional mixers hold at the AIChE spring meetings, providing opportunities for engineers and scientists to exchange ideas, experiences and evaluations.
- Engage in outreach activities to communicate the excitement of energy and transport processes to young engineers and prospective students.
Read our monthly newsletter, highlighting division activities and current efforts.