As other openings appear, they will be posted on this tab. Please check back later.
Please click on this link for a listing of other contacts for jobs.
To list a job, please send a note to email@example.com with a short description of your opening and a link to your application website or email contact. This is a service to our members and not for marketing.
Process Design Engineer (8/30/15)
Afton Chemical Corporation develops and manufactures petroleum additives. Afton is seeking a process design engineer for our manufacturing facility in Sauget, Illinois located near Saint Louis, Missouri. Candidate must work effectively in a manufacturing environment within a team. Creative problem solving and troubleshooting skills as well as excellent communication skills are required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop PFDs, P&IDs, mass and energy balances for new and modified processes.
- Develop project scopes for small and medium sized capital projects.
- Specify new process equipment. Work with equipment vendors and operations to aid in selection.
- Provide technical expertise and support for resolving operational issues.
- Provide technical coverage for plant trials and startups.
- Write and train chemical operators on operating procedures for new processes and equipment.
- Interface with R&D with regard to process development and process improvements.
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering
- Work or Co-Op experience a plus
- Able to travel (domestic and internationally as required)
- Excellent communication skills
Please e-mail your resume in confidence to www.aftonchemical.com/people/careers
Pharmaceutical and specialty chemicals opening (4/21/15)
Hoecker and Kohl partners with top employers located throughout the country on engineering opportunities in the areas of chemical process and controls design. This client is local in the St. Louis area and is experiencing a sustained period of tremendous growth. The below is a sampling of the responsibilities and qualifications for this position and are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Preparation of documentation (batch records, charge sheets, spec sheets, hazard sheets, PSORs, air emissions, processing reports) necessary to support processing in the plant
- First time scale-up and/or preparation of materials in the pilot plant based on defined process chemistry
- Knowledgeable in ICH Q7 guidelines for the preparation of bulk API for clinical use
- Competency in organic chemistry at the level necessary to facilitate implementation of development processes into commercial like process equipment
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical Engineering with 3+ years of experience in scale¬ up/preparation of pharmaceutical and specialty chemicals
This is an immediate need with a dynamic organization offering a consultative and collaborative environment of critical thinkers. For more details about both this client and opportunity please call (314) 735-0800, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.hoecker-kohl.com.