The website area is reserved for companies and employers to post their job opportunities to our membership. The listings are by posting date, with the newest postings first.
Please email our webmaster, at email@example.com for information.
(posted 4 December 2013)
IHS, Inc. has the following open position with an anticipated hire date in January 2014:
(posted 22 Oct 2013)
- Ensure Pentair Thermal Management products comply with all relevant regulations, codes, and standards.
- Prepare and maintain submittal and relevant supporting documentation for third party approvals.
- Research and analysis of product requirements based on governmental, Pentair Thermal Management, and customer requirements.
- Work with project teams to help develop products that comply with internal and external requirements.
- Oversee testing of Engineers and Technicians for third party approvals of our products.
- Engineering, science or quality assurance degree, preferably including experience in thermo-dynamics; or equivalent experience (Minimum 3 years) in relevant industry.
- 2 - 5 years in manufacturing engineering environment, product development or qualification testing.
- Experience working with external testing agencies, e.g., UL, CSA, FM is desirable.
- Familiar with requirements of ISO 9001-2008 and internal auditing experience a plus.
- Familiar with requirements of ATEX and IECEx Scheme a plus.
- Must be a good communicator/negotiator (both internally and in groups comprised of customers, agencies), i.e, calm, even tempered, but committed to the goal.
- Must be willing to travel nationally and internationally.
- Detail oriented while keeping the big picture in mind.
- Able to read and interpret product standards.
- Competent with Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with the selection, fabrication, working, heat treating, and failure analysis of stainless steels, high-nickel alloys, and resistance-wire alloys.
- Make recommendations on alloy selection for various applications.
- Performing basic metallography and failure analysis.
- Ability to implement standard laboratory safety procedures associated with the above tasks.
- Knowledge of the capabilities and limitations of various metal joining techniques (e.g. welding and brazing is desirable (hands-on experience with TIG/MIG welding very desirable).
- Also desirable is a working knowledge of corrosion as relates to applications in petrochemical or other heavy-industrial environments.
- Master of Science/Engineering or higher in Metallurgy, Materials Science, or a related field.
- Hands-on experience working in a laboratory research environment.
- Alloy selection for corrosive environments.
- Metallographic sample preparation: sample mounting; grinding, polishing; etching.
- Microscopy and micro-hardness testing; sample inspection at low magnification; stereo microscopes; image acquisition software; Vicker's hardness.
- Welding and/or brazing; life and/or corrosion testing.
- Furnaces and ovens: safe operation; controller programming; heat treating and/or thermal ageing.
- Fractography and failure analysis of stainless steel and stainless weldments.
- Gathering raw data accurately; performing arithmetic analyses and data reduction (ex., creating tables and graphs, etc.)
- Familiarity with basic ceramic processing methods, including: ball milling, drying and sieving, pressing, and sintering.
- Basic electrical measurements: use of bench-top and handheld DMM's, AC/DC power supplies, etc.
- Very good experimental skills; manual dexterity with a delicate touch; excellent observational skills.
- Familiarity with chemical and electrical laboratory operations and procedures with attention to safety.
- Adept at working with Excel and Word software.
- Team player with good communication (both written & verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- evaluate energy savings on industrial and commercial projects
- design a small biodiesel plant
- evaluate greenhouse gases in energy savings projects for the water treatment industry
- designing improvements to an existing groundwater remediation system
- evaluate solar equipment and compare it to NRTL requirements
- public outreach regarding renewable distributed generation
(Posted 15 Oct 2013)
PG&E Talent Connect
(Posted 14 Oct 2013)
Acton · Mickelson · Environmental, Inc. (AME) is a full service environmental engineering and consulting firm headquartered in El Dorado Hills, California (Sacramento area). AME provides scientific and engineering excellence to oil companies, manufacturers, insurance companies, and financial institutions among America’s largest Fortune 500 companies. We assess, define, and remediate environmental risks and impacts to client operations and properties, and in so doing have established a sound record of accomplishment and growth using decades of industry experience to consistently fulfill our mission of providing technical superiority, financial responsibility, and client satisfaction. Our specialties include site characterization and remediation, multi-dimensional visualization, groundwater modeling and fate and transport analysis, and litigation support and expert testimony.
AME is seeking a project engineer for our office in El Dorado Hills, California. The candidate will direct, coordinate, and exercise functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering projects within areas of assigned responsibility by performing the following duties personally, with peers, or through subordinates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Coordinate remediation system operation and maintenance for optimum operating efficiency and environmental (permit) compliance.
· Obtain permits to construct and operate remediation systems, including interface with permitting agencies when necessary.
· Design (and review design of) remediation systems in (for) adherence with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, regulatory requirements, and other applicable standards.
· Prepare cost estimates and proposals.
· Develop cost-effective remediation strategies based on characterization data.
· Prepare project budgets.
· Develop strategies to achieve site closures or other client objectives.
· Prepare (review) reports with (for) accuracy and adherence to company standards and regulatory requirements; steward reports to meet deadlines.
· Train junior engineers and geologists in company standards, customer contract requirements, regulatory requirements, and other applicable practices.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
BS Civil, Chemical, or Environmental Engineer, with 5 to 10 years experience related to soil and groundwater remediation system design, permitting, construction, and operation & maintenance. Professional registration desirable but not required.
40-hour Hazardous Waste Operations (HAZWOPPER) training and current 8-hour HAZWOPPER refresher training desirable but not required.
The candidate must be willing to travel to project sites (mostly within Northern California) on a 25 to 50 percent basis, and must have a valid drivers license.
Interested applicants should e-mail their resume to Jim Twiford, Manager-Engineering, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on our company, please visit www.ameinc.net.
JOB OPPORTUNITIES at Membrane Technology and Research Inc. (Posted: 18 Sep 2013)
Membrane Technology and Research, Inc., a world leader in the development and production of membrane-based separation systems for the petrochemical, natural gas and refining industries, has the following job openings:
SALES ENGINEER (Petrochemical)
Under the direction of the Product Director, the Sales Engineer is primarily responsible for designing and selling MTR’s customized systems. This position will pursue inquiries, develop leads, qualify inquiries, simulate process, size equipment, get quotes, estimate total job costs and prepare proposals; develop P&ID’s.
This position requires a BS or MS in Chemical Engineering or related science; 2+ years relevant work experience and extensive knowledge of target industry.
SALES MANAGER (Natural Gas, Based in Denver)
Under the direction of the Product Director, the Sales Manager is primarily responsible for designing and selling MTR’s customized systems. This position will solicit, evaluate and pursue inquiries from prospects, probe to determine competitive situation, negotiate terms (simple and complex jobs), close sales (simple and complex jobs), pursue new applications, estimate market potential, evaluate business plans, generate promotional material; make sales calls independently.
This position requires a BS or MS in Chemical Engineering or related science, full mastery of product group’s applications and understanding of all MTR commercial applications; extensive and broad knowledge in field of specialization and knowledge of other fields.
MTR is located in Newark, CA, has an energetic, team oriented environment with flexible work hours and a competitive benefit package.
Interested applicants should submit their resume/cover letter as follows:
Membrane Technology and Research, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
39630 Eureka Drive
Newark, CA 94560
MTR is an equal opportunity employer.-->