In order to foster closer communication between Local Sections and the global AIChE organization, a new leadership position has been developed—the CIO (Chief Information Officer). The CIO will be a volunteer identified from each Local Section that will serve as a direct link between Local Section officers and members and the larger AIChE organization.
This exciting opportunity will provide a central, local resource of information on everything AIChE while also providing feedback from your Section on what additional resources could improve your programming. In short, the CIO will be the focal point for communicating grassroots issues and needs to the rest of the AIChE organization and leadership, and help to create member service and value. To inquire about becoming a CIO, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Advise Local Section members of upcoming webinar subjects and speakers
- Serve as a reminder of deadlines for discounted registration for AIChE meetings
- Share opportunities for recognition through the expanded Institute Awards program, including several new awards for chemical engineers working in industry
- Provide additional material for programs specifically designed for the Local Sections – such as the Speakers Corner, the Leadership Development Conference and Project Connect Grants
- Communicate with the AIChE staff on how the Institute could tailor career services to better serve members in your area
- Inform the AIChE leadership if there is an important public policy issue impacting chemical engineers in your community or state where AIChE support could help