Presented to a full-time graduate or undergraduate student who prepares the best technical paper to describe the results of process development related studies within chemical engineering.
A plaque and $500, plus some amount to help cover expenses associated with attending the Annual AIChE meeting (amount to be determined at a later date).
Selection criteria include:
- Papers will be judged primarily on technical merit. The student must demonstrate depth and breadth of knowledge in the subject
- The work presented must be carried out while the student is enrolled at a university with an accredited chemical engineering program
- The student must be the primary author (faculty advisors may be co-authors)
- The paper must describe original research (experimental, numerical, or theoretical) or design; papers consisting of literature reviews are not permitted
- The paper must be suitable for publication in a refereed journal
- The student must be a member of AIChE
Nominations may be submitted by the student chapter advisor, the local section chair, or a member of AIChE who is not a student member.
Submit the nomination package, consisting of a completed nomination form and other relevant supporting documentation, by a combination of hard copy and electronic mail. Send signed original documents and e-mail copies of all documents to the division awards committee chair.