A safe operating environment is cornerstone to any companies operations and working environment. By understanding a company’s goals and objectives with a detailed understanding of the current culture, a process can be determined to close the gaps and align each and every employee with the overall goals and objectives of the organization; making a safer and more sustainable operation.
This presentation addresses practical approaches to forming strategies for a safety culture, leading in a safety culture, gaining employee involvement through safety contact and observation, and measuring the success of safety initiatives. All of this is done in the context of continuous improvement. Presentation goals
Make safety the shared value of every employee. Put safety behind every strategy, every decision, every operation, and every action.
- Recognize the four requirements for creating a positive safety culture: leadership, employee involvement, measurement systems, and a continuous improvement process.
- Recognize management’s role in leading and implementing a safety culture.
- Gain employee involvement through use of a safety observation and contact process that is focused on recognizing and reinforcing safe behaviors.
- Use measurement tools to evaluate and quantify the effectiveness of your organization’s safety culture.
- Use continuous improvement to improve safety efforts.
- Have a foundation to build a positive safety culture by using the tips, techniques, and tools acquired in the presentation
This presentation is intended for any business executive, manager or employee with responsibility for implementing safety initiatives, but may have limited to moderate safety and/or training experience. What you'll learn:
- The Strategies for Creating a Safety Culture
- Leadership and Safety Culture
- Employee Involvement Through Various Strategies
- Measuring Program Success
- Continuous Improvement and Safety Culture
Would you like to access this content?
No problem. You just have to complete the following steps.
You have completed 0 of 2 steps.
You must be logged in to view this content. Log in now.
Purchase Technical Presentation
You must purchase this technical presentation using one of the options below.
If you already purchased this content recently, please click here to refresh the system's record of ownerships.
|Credits||0.5 Use credits|
|List Price||$25.00 Buy now|
|AIChE Members||$15.00 Buy now|
|AIChE Undergraduate Student Members||Free Free access|
|AIChE Graduate Student Members||Free Free access|