Contact: Jeanette Krebs
Phone: (717) 214-2200
American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE)
AIChE’s Spring Meeting and 9th Global Congress on Process Safety will draw 2,000 practicing chemical engineers to discuss the latest developments in their industry, which affect the lives of the general public in many ways.
600 E. Market St., San Antonio, Texas
Sunday, April 28 – Thursday, May 2, 2013
AIChE’s Spring Meeting focuses on energy solutions and advancements in safety.
The Global Congress on Process Safety is the largest gathering of chemical safety experts in the world. Participants will share lessons learned in the chemical, refining, and pharmaceutical industries on how to avoid incidents, manage risk, ensure plant safety and more. Highlights of the overall event include Aamir Farid, regional vice president – Americas at Shell, who will deliver the keynote address, “Delivering Innovative Solutions for an Energy Future” on Monday morning. Later that morning, Don Romaski, executive vice president – operations at Tesoro Corporation, will discuss the “Rebirth of Manufacturing in the U.S.: What Are the Implications for Chemical Engineers?” Monday evening the Emerging Technologies in Clean Energy keynote address will be given by Sunita Satyapal, director of the Fuel Cells Technology Office of the U.S. Department of Energy.
AIChE will update content on its social media channels throughout the Spring Meeting. News, photos, videos, special event and keynote coverage will be available at www.chenected.com/spring Facebook (www.facebook.com/chenected) and Twitter feeds (@chenected) will have regular updates direct from the meeting. The official hashtag for the meeting is #AIChESpring.
All details are available here: http://www.aiche.org/spring
- Shale Oil and Gas Q&A Session
- Designing Unusual Chemical Products: Examples of unusual chemical products and their associated processes, along with case studies, best practices and engineering approaches for producing unique products are of interest during this session.
- Emerging Technologies in Clean Energy: Will especially focus on fuel cells and hydrogen storage.
- Advanced Technologies for Reduction of Atmospheric Emissions in the Petrochemical and Refining Industries: Innovations that help the chemical and refining industries comply with air emission regulations.
- CO2 Conversion, Processing & Sequestration: This session will focus on the conversion and processing of CO2 to valuable products; and will also include the advances in sequestration technology for greenhouse gases such as CO2 and CH4.
- Sustainable & Renewable Biofuels: Development of processes for sustainable and renewable biofuels production, along with technical and economic evaluation of various routes.
- Environmental & Water Solutions: The world's water supply is diminishing, so there are increasing challenges to conserve water, reduce emissions, and look for more sustainable solutions. This session will discuss solutions of newer, more sustainable methods that will challenge traditional water supply sources. Topics will include water re-use and new water treatment techniques.
- Renewable Substitutes for Petroleum Products: Innovations that combine chemical and biological processes are resulting in specialty chemicals and other products from environmentally friendly and renewable resources. It is expected that the market share for renewable sourced chemical products will grow substantially in the coming years as consumers and manufactures look to the “bio economy” for ways to lessen their impact on the environment.
- Gasification Technologies & Gas Clean-up: Will include discussions on a Novel Warm Gas Multi-Contaminant Removal System and Catalytic Conversion Wood Syngas to ‘Wide Cut' Diesel Over A Multifunctional Catalyst.
About AIChE: AIChE is a professional society of more than 40,000 chemical engineers in 92 countries. Its members work in corporations, universities and government using their knowledge of chemical processes to develop safe and useful products for the benefit of society. Through its varied programs, AIChE continues to be a focal point for information exchange on the frontier of chemical engineering research in such areas as nanotechnology, sustainability, hydrogen fuels, biological and environmental engineering, and chemical plant safety and security. More information about AIChE is available at www.aiche.org.