What is ChemE Cube™?
Launched in 2020 by the RAPID Manufacturing Institute®, ChemE Cube is an annual student competition where undergraduate university teams design, build, and demonstrate a 1 cubic foot plant to produce a chemistry defined in the annual problem statement.
Teams compete on cube performance via a head-to-head duel and promote their technology through a 1-minute ad, poster, and 20-minute 'shark tank' style pitch to a panel of mock investors.
ChemE Cube Core Values
- Creativity & Innovation
- Sustainable Development
- Diversity & Inclusion
What is the 2023 ChemE Cube competition theme?
Direct Air Capture
Full competition materials will be released in January 2023.
When is the 2023 ChemE Cube competition?
Monday, November 6, 2022 Orlando, FL as part of the Annual AIChE Student Competition.
How can my team compete in the 2023 ChemE Cube competition?
- Step 1: Form a team at your university (we encourage multi-disciplinary teams!)
- Step 2: Start researching the 2023 competition theme: Direct Air Capture. Pro-tip: the 2023 competition format will be very similar to the 2022 Competition (Pitch, Ad, Poster, Head-to-Head Duel)
- Step 3: Check back in January 2023 for the full competition materials (sign up to receive an email when the materials are live)
- Step 4: By March 31, sign up for a Virtual Qualifying Presentation timeslot (April 2023)
- Step 5: Pitch your design to the competition judges over Zoom
- Step 6: Teams who qualify for the 2023 ChemE Cube Competition will be notified and provided with more instructions.
Sign up to receive updates on ChemE Cube 2023
I'm a professional. How can I get involved?
Sponsorship opportunities are available. Contact ChemECube@aiche.org.