RAPID's Education & Workforce Development Objective
Establish a technical education and workforce development program that will leverage existing resources to develop the workforce, who can then research, develop, and operate new process intensification (PI) & modular chemical process intensification (MCPI) solutions widely within U.S. industry.
RAPID Education & Workforce Development Programs Available to Members:
- ELA300: RAPID's Fundamentals of Process Intensification
- ELA301: RAPID's Intensified Reaction Processes
- RAPID hosts a number of live webinars per year which are free to RAPID members. In addition to live webinars, all past webinars are archived and available for free to RAPID members, including:
Virtual RAPID Intern Program
- 10-week program taking place in spring, summer and fall rotations which provides leadership training, process intensification training and professional development opportunities.
- Great for undergraduate or graduate students working on projects that advance process intensification or modular processing concepts.
- No cost to nominating RAPID members.
- Learn more and/or nominate a student by clicking here.
- As a result of EWD project calls, RAPID is developing four face-to-face courses
- CH375: Modular Chemical Process Intensification Boot Camp
- CH376: Emerging Membrane Processes for Water Purification
- Two more courses in development
- All RAPID webinars and eLearning courses are free to AIChE Student Members and many universities and faculty have assigned this content to their students, particularly in the Senior Design Class. Suggest considering assigning abovementioned content as homework assignments.
- In addition, RAPID has specially developed materials to aid in teaching PI and MCPI concepts. These include case studies, design projects and homework problems and include support material such as PowerPoint slides and Excel documents. Click here for more information.
For more information on education and workforce development efforts in the RAPID Institute, contact Ashley Smith-Schoettker at firstname.lastname@example.org.