Together we have made a world of difference,
- Raised a total of $2.6 million, $1.1 million more than 2014, an increase of 73%!
- Grew the AIChE Endowment by 33%- now over $1.5 million
- Celebrated the 30th anniversary of the Center for Chemical Process Safety (CCPS) at the 2015 Annual Gala. The event honored industry leaders in advancing Process Safety in the workplace and protecting our communities. Over 350 guests gathered at this historic event raising $615,000 toward advancing process safety knowledge and expertise for chemical engineering graduates worldwide.
A Look Back: Making a World of Difference
Safety & Ethical Practice, better equipping the next generation of chemical engineers for real-world challenges
- Launched the AIChE Undergraduate Process Safety Initiative bringing the latest advances and best practices from industry into the classroom.
- This program is generously funded by support from early members of the Founders’ Circle: The Dow Chemical Company and Chevron; and corporate support from the 2015 gala sponsors.
- Thanks to Dow's and Chevron's collaboration, AIChE held a successful Process Safety student boot camp at New Mexico State University on March 31-April 1, 2015. In addition, the 3rd Annual Safety and Chemical Engineering Education (SAChE) PSM Faculty Workshop was held at the Chevron Richmond Technology Center in Richmond, CA on August 8-12, 2015.
- 20,516 undergraduate SAChE Certificates of Process Safety Achievement were completed, better preparing students for ChemE careers.
Pioneers of Diversity
- Celebrated AIChE's Minority Affairs Commitee's (MAC) 25 years of leadership in promoting diversity and inclusion in the profession.
- Recognized 20 Pioneers of Diversity, honoring their career achievements and leadership contributions.
Building a Robust Endowment
- AIChE renamed its prestigous, annual Institute Lecture to the John M. Prausnitz AIChE Institute Lecture. The endowment will fund the award in perpetuity.
- Launched the MAC Endowment Fund to secure stable funds and provide minority students with academic scholarships.
Annual Fund Gifts Made a Big Impact
- AIChE partnered with sister engineering societies on the #GivingTuesdayChallenge, Engineer a Better World initiative. Thanks to the remarkable generosity and support of our donors, the AIChE Foundation raised $15,000 on December 1st, 2015!
- AIChE’s Engineers Without Borders Grant Recipient, the University of Pittsburgh Student Chapter, worked to make a healthy sustainable water supply on the Amazon River.
- 30 academically outstanding chemical engineering students were awarded a MAC scholarship.
- 8 student chapter leaders from Colombia, Egypt, India, Lebanon, Mexico, Singapore, Turkey and the United Arab Emirates were awarded International Student Chapter Leadership travel grants to attend the 2015 AIChE Annual Student Conference in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- 14 remarkable women were awarded travel grants, as part of the Women’s Initiatives Committee Travel Program, to attend the 2015 AIChE Annual Meeting in Salt Lake City, Utah.
A toast to Dr. Peter B. Lederman, Past Chairman
The AIChE Foundation and colleagues honored Pete Lederman, Immediate Past Chair of the AIChE Foundation, at the 9th Annual Donor Recognition Dinner in Salt Lake City. The Institute is deeply grateful for the personal legacy Pete has left and the foundation of philanthropy he has been so committed to building throughout the AIChE community. Best wishes to Pete in his future endeavors.
Join us in doing a world of good and advance the chemical engineering profession!