Reactions and Separations
Optimizing Catalyst Performance to Support Sustainability Goals
Characterizing the structure and activity of catalysts will be critical to unlocking more sustainable processes.
Understand Process Hazards to Manage Change Safely
Successful management of change (MOC) programs identify potential process hazards.
Process Design and Development
The Bonsai Process Development Method
The optimal bonsai tree can only be cultivated by pruning certain limbs and leaves. The same disciplined decision-making is required to eliminate options in process development.
Back to Basics
A Look at Vortex Flowmeters
Vortex flowmeters have become a popular alternative to differential pressure flowmeters.
Tools for Open Innovation
Open innovation frameworks can capture and capitalize on valuable ideas from customers and other stakeholders.
- Could Cell-Based Meat Replace Factory Farming?
- Using Microfluidics to Detect COVID-19
- Chemical Engineers Develop Plastics Upcycling Method
- Researchers Discover Flaw in Biological Cybersecurity Systems
- Editorial: Looking Back, Looking Ahead —One Last Time
- Catalyzing Commercialization:Unlocking a Catalytic Pathway to Biobased Maleic Anhydride
- AIChE Journal highlight: Understanding Fluid Flow through Porous Media in Microgravity
- New Products: Bioprocessing; Heat Transfer; Instrumentation; Fluids and Solids Handling; Laboratory Equipment; Operations and Maintenance; Environmental, Health and Safety; Materials and Chemicals
- Process Safety Beacon: Material Identification: The First Step in the Process Safety System
- Emerging Voices: Volunteer to Grow Professionally
- The ChE in Context:Anticipating Policy Changes in Washington
- Institute News
- President’s Message: Preparing for the Important Work Ahead
- AIChE Gala Lauds DuPont, Thermo Fisher Scientific, and Shariq Yosufzai for Doing a World of Good; Launches Future of STEM Scholars Initiative
- MIT’s Eugenia Inda Receives AIChE’s Langer Prize Fellowship
- In Memoriam: Robert Byron Bird, 1924-2020
The January 2021 issue of CEP is now available online at www.aiche.org/CEP.
AIChE Members now have four options for reading CEP: Print, New Digital Flipbook, CEP App, and the AIChE Website. What is your favorite way to read CEP? Check out our special bonus flipbook issue on climate at aiche.org/cep/climate-issue.