Special Section: Process Intensification
Process Intensification in Theory and Practice
The Principles and Domains of Process Intensification
Apply the fundamental principles of process intensification to the four domains of PI — spatial, thermodynamic, functional, and temporal — to identify possible PI opportunities.
Selecting Process-Intensified Equipment
Use this approach to evaluate PI options and compare technologies.
Process Modeling of Intensified Chemical Processes
Before the benefits of process intensification can be fully realized, a multitude of advances in process modeling will be necessary.
Sustainable, Modular Chemical Production in Africa
Developing countries have an opportunity to leapfrog old technologies and adopt advanced manufacturing techniques such as modular chemical process intensification.
Back to Basics
Getting Incident Investigations Right
An incident unfortunately cannot be undone, but a properly executed safety investigation can prevent similar accidents from happening.
Prevent Corrosion and Ensure Reliability
Once integrity operating windows (IOWs) have been established for variables that impact corrosion, follow these ten steps to implement a successful IOW program.
Interpersonal Skills for Chemical Engineers
Don’t be a grouch — learn to get along with others.
- 3D-Printed Armor Inspired by Mollusks
- Using Stem Cells to Recreate Snake Venom Glands
- Engineering Living Building Materials
- Safer Stretchable Battery Technology
- Scientists Develop Self-Moisturizing Contact Lenses
- Revitalizing a Dated Molecule
- Editorial: Spring Has Sprung
- Catalyzing Commercialization: The Future of Metabolic Engineering: Dynamic Metabolic Network Minimization
- AIChE Journal Highlight: Frances Arnold: Nobel Laureate, Superstar of Bioengineering, and Respected Mentor
- New Products: Heat Transfer; Environmental, Health, and Safety; Software; Materials and Chemicals
- Interphex Expo Preview
- YPOV: ChE Problem Solving: The Double Diamond Approach
- Process Safety Beacon: Vacuum Trucks Present Fire and Explosion Hazards
- Technical Entity Trends: Polymers and Textiles: You Are What You Wear
- Institute News:
- CCPS’s Kadri Testifies before Senate on Role of the Chemical Safety Board
- National Academy of Engineering Elects AIChE Members to 2020 Class
- Doing a World of Good Raj and Kamla Gupta Podcasts
- Your AIChE Membership: Volunteer Opportunities
The March 2020 issue of CEP is now available online. AIChE members receive access to CEP, including a searchable archive of issues dating back to 2001, online at https://www.aiche.org/cep.
Download the CEP App.