NSF Funding: Planting the Seeds of Innovation
The National Science Foundation (NSF) issues hundreds of grants every year to translate invention into impact. This article discusses some of the many NSF funding opportunities and also profiles several organizations that have found success due, in part, to NSF funding.
Back to Basics
Ensure Safe Scaleup
Minor hazards in the laboratory could turn out to be major safety concerns as the process is scaled up. Follow this guidance to ensure each stage of scaleup is safe.
On the Horizon
Introduction to Gas Separation Membrane Technologies
Separating industrial gases using membranes at large scale is a relatively new concept, but has potential to greatly impact the chemical process industries (CPI).
How to Begin Chemical Plant Decommissioning
Decommissioning activity has expanded in response to economic pressures and rapid change across the global chemicals landscape. Execute these high-hazard projects safely, cost-effectively, and with maximum respect for the environment and the surrounding communities.
Atmospheric Models Guide Emergency Response Decisions
Atmospheric dispersion models are critical tools for informing emergency management decisions when an uncontrolled chemical release occurs with little or no warning.
- Taking Chemical Engineering into the Solar System
- Microfluidics Monitor Sickle Cell Disease
- A Monetary Incentive for Carbon Storage
- Making a Mark on Biosensing
- Editorial: Written in the Stars (If You Can See Them)
- Catalyzing Commercialization: Biomanufacturing Platform Generates Plant-Based Products — Including Biopesticides
- AIChE Journal Highlight: Can CO2 Utilization Provide a Solution to Global Warming?
- Patent Update: That Was My Invention, Not Yours!
- YPOV: Chemical Engineers in Medical School
- Process Safety Beacon: A Plugged Line or Equipment Is More than Just a Nuisance
- New Products: Fluids and Solids Handling; Software; Instrumentation; Environmental, Health and Safety
- Chem Show Expo Preview
- Technical Entity Trends: Shining a Light into the Unknown
- Annual Meeting Preview: Topical Conferences and Programming Highlights
- Institute News
- AIChE Endows Lectureship Honoring William R. Schowalter
- AIChE’s 2019 Gala will Honor Merck, Procter & Gamble for Contributions to Society
- Meet Some of AIChE’s New Fellows
- AIChE Election in Progress
- In Memoriam: Arvind Varma
- Your AIChE Membership: Networking at AIChE's Annual Meeting and Student Conference
The September 2019 issue of CEP is now available online. AIChE members receive access to CEP, including a searchable archive of issues dating back to 2001, online at https://www.aiche.org/cep.