During AIChE's 2020 Annual Meeting, we formally announced the 2021 AIChE Board of Directors, which includes Deborah L. Grubbe, Owner and President of Operations and Safety Solutions, LLC, as AIChE's 2021 President. Grubbe succeeds 2020 President Monty M. Alger, Professor of Chemical Engineering at Pennsylvania State University. Christine Grant, Professor of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering and the Inaugural Associate Dean of Faculty Advancement at North Carolina State University’s College of Engineering, will become 2021 President-elect, and will succeed Grubbe as AIChE President in 2022.
2021 Treasurer and Secretary
Additionally, Wendy Young, Sales and Marketing Manager for Chemstations, will begin a three-year term as Treasurer in 2021. As Treasurer, Young succeeds Rosemarie Wesson, Associate Dean for Research at The City College of New York. Joseph D. Smith of Missouri University of Science and Technology will continue in his role of Secretary.
Newly Elected Directors
Newly elected members of the AIChE Board of Directors are: Donna Bryant, Senior Process Engineer at Johnson Matthey; Julianne Holloway, Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering at Arizona State University; Elsa Reichmanis, Professor and Carl Robert Anderson Chair in the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering of Lehigh University; and William Raiford, Senior Director of Technology, Titanium Technologies, at The Chemours Company. The directors serve three-year terms.
Continuing in their director roles are:
- Linda J. Broadbelt, Sarah Rebecca Roland Professor in the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering and Associate Dean for Research of Engineering, Northwestern University
- Brian H. Davidson, Chief Scientist for Biotechnology at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL)
- Ana P. Davis, Head of Health, Safety, and Environment in North America at Syngenta
- Erin N. Kane, President and Chief Executive Officer of AdvanSix Inc.
- Cato T. Laurencin, M.D., Ph.D., University Professor, Albert and Wilda Van Dusen Distinguished Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Professor of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Professor of Materials Science and Engineering, Professor of Biomedical Engineering, Director of The Raymond and Beverly Sackler Center for Biomedical, Biological, Physical and Engineering Sciences, and Director of The Institute for Regenerative Engineering at the University of Connecticut
- Ann L. Lee, Head of Cell Therapy Development and Operations
- Peter Lodal, Principal for D&H Process Safety of Kingsport TN, and Technical Fellow of Eastman Chemical Company (retired)
- David D. Sholl, the John F. Brock III School Chair of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at the Georgia Institute of Technology.