On the Horizon
Introduction to Dual-Dividing-Wall Columns
The dividing-wall column (DWC) implements process intensification (PI) principles. The next step of PI could be the dual-dividing-wall column (DDWC), a single distillation column to replace multiple conventional columns or DWCs in series that could produce up to six high-purity products.
Size Pressure-Relief Devices for Multiple Chemicals
Equipment in a toll manufacturing facility must be designed to handle many different chemicals and processes. This article offers advice for sizing pressure-relief devices for such applications.
Take Steps to Improve Disaster Preparedness
Natural disasters present chemical plants with unique challenges. Reduce environmental harm and avoid regulatory penalties by mitigating hazardous waste releases during and after these events.
Controlling Nitrogen and Phosphorus in Wastewater
Nutrient control technologies help maintain healthy water bodies and prevent eutrophication.
- Transforming an Industry: Using Wood as a Feedstock for Petrochemicals
- Gender Study Explores Publishing Gap Between Men and Women
- Recent Cyberattack Raises Alarm
- Producing Medicines and Chemicals Anytime, Anywhere
- An Eco-Friendly Cellulose-Based Adhesive
- Editorial: Deciphering Coronavirus
- Catalyzing Commercialization: Recovering Rare Earth Metals from Electric Motor Waste
- AIChE Journal Highlight: A Chemical Engineer’s Guide to Initiating an Academic Career
- Career Connections: Be Productive in an Open Office
- The ChE in Context: Managing Your Career and Reputation: The Criticality of Ethics
- New Products: Operations and Maintenance; Fluids and Solids Handling; Materials and Chemicals; Instrumentation
- Offshore Technology Conference Expo Preview
- Technical Entity Trends: The Future of Chemical Engineering: AIChE’s Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives
- Process Safety Beacon: A Hidden Chain of Hazards
- Advanced Manufacturing Progress: Achieving Sustainable Development Goals
- Institute News
- AIChE Announces Candidates for 2020 Officer Election
- AIChE Spring Meeting and Global Congress on Process Safety Rescheduled for August 2020
- Henry T. Brown, 1932–2020
- Applications for Langer Prize Research Grant Due May 1
The April 2020 issue of CEP is now available online. AIChE members receive access to CEP, including a searchable archive of issues dating back to 2001, online at https://www.aiche.org/cep.