The Caltech 6: America’s First and Only All-Female Class of ChEs
The lives of six women reflect how far we have come, and how much further we have to go.
Back to Basics
Optimize Fan Performance
A fan upgrade can be a win-win. Understand the basics of fan operation to achieve better fan performance and reduce energy consumption.
Select the Right Nonlinear Control Technique
Not all systems are compatible with a PID controller. Simple methods can maximize the control performance in nonlinear systems.
Reactions and Separations
Evaluate Catalyst Replacement Economics: Part 1 — Periodic Replacement
When is it time for fresh catalyst in your fixed-bed reactor? This article gives you the tools to determine the optimal replacement interval.
Is Your Hot Work Safety Zone Actually Safe?
- An Embroidered Battery for Wearable Biosensors
- Engineers Develop the First Personalized Tissue Implant
- Nanoparticles Dance for Drug Delivery
- Turning Waste Plastics into Fuel
- Creating a Window that Rejects Heat by Changing Color
- Editorial: Engineering Stories
- Catalyzing Commercialization: Quantum-Dot Windows Produce Low-Cost Renewable Energy
- AIChE Journal Highlight: Nanoparticulate Polymer Brushes: A Gateway for Complex Fluids Engineering
- Process Safety Beacon: Share Stories to Communicate Safety
- New Products: Materials and Chemicals; Software; Instrumentation; Environmental, Health and Safety
- Technical Entity Trends: A Better Burger
- YPOV: An Alternate Route: Working Before Graduate School
- The ChE in Context: Perspectives on Industrial Water Reuse
- Institute News
- President’s Corner: What Does the Membership Model of the Future Look Like?
- Gala Lauds Pfizer, Covestro for Inspiring Women Engineers; Nance Dicciani Receives Doing a World of Good Medal
- Institute and Board of Directors’ Award Nominations Due Feb. 15
The January 2019 issue of CEP is now available online. AIChE members receive access to CEP, including a searchable archive of issues dating back to 2001, online at https://www.aiche.org/cep.
With the CEP mobile app, You can now have CEP at your fingertips — from the latest R&D news and new equipment to feature articles and special sections. Download the app.