This online course covers the concepts and techniques of the Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) Study methodology, including related matters of preparation, team meeting facilitation and reporting. It includes worked examples and references to additional resources.
Attendees will learn the anatomy of process safety incidents including process hazard analysis terminology, the basic HAZOP Study approach to developing potential incident scenarios, the estimating of scenario risk as a means to determining the adequacy of safeguards, the application of the HAZOP Study method to procedure-based operations, and the logistical aspects of planning and executing a HAZOP Study team review.
This course is the culmination of over 25 years of teaching and employing the HAZOP Study methodology in a variety of process industries, by the lead contract author of CCPS’ Guidelines for Hazard Evaluation Procedures, Third Edition and the instructor of the course "CCPS' HAZOP Studies and other PHA Techniques for Process Safety and Risk Management."
Here’s a preview of what you’ll learn:
- The anatomy of process safety incidents
- The HAZOP Study method for scenario development
- Continuous-process example
- Determining the adequacy of safeguards
- Developing findings and recommendations
- Variations on the basic HAZOP Study method
- Application to procedure-based operations
- Batch-operation example
- Preparing for and leading HAZOP Study team reviews
- Updating and revalidating HAZOP Studies
Who Should Attend:
This course is not intended to replace full HAZOP team leader (facilitator) training, but it is a good refresher for anyone who has led HAZOP Studies, as well as for:
- HAZOP Study team members
- Coordinators of process safety management programs
- Professionals responsible for addressing the findings and recommendations generated by HAZOP Study teams
|AIChE Grad Student Members||$297.50|
|AIChE Undergrad Student Members||$297.50|
|Training 10 or More?||Volume Pricing is available. Send an e-mail to
email@example.com for more information.
*Employees of CCPS member companies can register for this course at the AIChE Member price. Please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-242-4363 (outside the US call 203-702-7660).
** AIChE membership is just $199 a year. For more information on becoming an AIChE member click here.