Special Section: Food Engineering
Improving Safety and Sustainability in the Food Industry
Apply Process Safety Principles to Food Processing
The food industry can benefit in many ways from applying process safety principles like inherently safer design to its facilities.
Extracting Sustainable Food Sources
Chemical separation processes, such as liquid-liquid extraction, can provide sustainable alternatives in food production that support the principles of regenerative agriculture and meet the demands of decarbonization initiatives.
AI-Driven Protein Discovery for Functional Ingredients
The global food system needs novel technologies to cope with the increasing demand for protein-rich foods. Artificial intelligence may provide a path toward creating the next generation of functional protein ingredients.
Best Practices to Extend the Life of Pressure Transmitters
Pressure measurement instrumentation is a critical part of plant infrastructure. Understanding and employing pressure transmitter best practices will maximize the life of these key plant assets.
- Drought Could Hamper Hydroelectric Power in the West
- Modifying Mosquitos to Prevent Malaria
- Engineering Bacteria to Detect Inflammatory Bowel Disease Flares
- Key Atlantic Current at Risk of Collapse
- New Biobased Plastic Offers a Pathway to Circularity
- Innovating Energy Storage in Concrete
- Business Update
- Editorial: Food Engineers “Meat” Their Match
- Catalyzing Commercialization: Novel Treatment Process Makes Fertilizer from Human Waste
- AIChE Journal Highlight: Optimizing End-to-End Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Processes
- Process Safety Beacon: Lithium-Ion Battery Hazards
- New Products: Fluids and Solids Handling; Heat Transfer; Laboratory Equipment; Operations and Maintenance; Instrumentation; Environmental, Health, and Safety; Materials and Chemicals
- Advanced Manufacturing Progress: Delivering Product When It’s Needed, Where It’s Needed
- Profile: Bringing Plant-Powered Makeup to All
- Emerging Voices Young Trailblazers: 35 Under 35 Award Preview
- Meeting Sneak Peek: Featured Events Announced: AIChE Annual Meeting, Nov. 5–10, Orlando
- Institute News
- 2023 Board of Directors’ and Institute Awards
- AIChE, Partners Announce 2023 Class of Future STEM Scholars
- Empowering Possibilities: AIChE Gala to Honor AdvanSix, Air Products, Samir Mitragotri for Societal Contributions — Dec. 7 in New York City
- AIChE Board Election Begins Sept. 11
- Kathleen Stebe is AIChE’s Schowalter Lecturer for 2023