Pilot Plants in Hoods and Ventilated Enclosures
Hoods and ventilated enclosures are not always as effective as assumed. Follow these guidelines to safely install and operate pilot plants in hoods and ventilated enclosures.
On the Horizon
Mapping an Evacuation in Real Time
Personnel safety is of utmost importance during an evacuation. The implementation of wireless personnel location technology can help streamline the mustering and evacuation processes.
Back to Basics
Comparing Gate Valves and Butterfly Valves
This article reviews two popular valve types and discusses the applications where they are most appropriate.
Apply Inherently Safer Design Concepts to Existing Facilities
Inherently safer design concepts are not just for the design phase. These concepts can be applied to plants throughout their entire lifecycle.
ABET Accreditation: What Is It and Why Does It Matter?
This article reviews the purpose of ABET accreditation, the associated criteria, the volunteers that provide the accreditation reviews, and the role of AIChE in the accreditation process.
- Understanding the Impacts of the Inflation Reduction Act
- New Electrolyte for Low-Temperature Lithium-Ion Batteries
- Mapping Hidden Methane Leaks with AI
- A Failed Antibiotic Could Be the New Herbicide of Tomorrow
- AI Can Predict CRISPR’s Effect on RNA
- Business Update
- Editorial: Adding Pizazz to Process Safety
- Catalyzing Commercialization: Legume-Based Innovation Promises New “Stealth Health” Snacks
- AIChE Journal Highlight: Model-Based Systems Engineering Approaches to Improve Manufacturing
- Process Safety Beacon: Simultaneous Operations (SIMOPS)
- New Products: Environmental, Health, and Safety; Instrumentation; Operations and Maintenance; Fluids and Solids Handling; Heat Transfer; Software; Engineering Services
- Career Connection: A Job Seeker’s Guide to Applicant Tracking Systems
- Institute News
- Segalman to Present 2023 Acrivos Professional Progress Award Lecture
- Liao Receives Stephanopoulos Award for Metabolic Engineering
- Registration Opens for 2023 AIChE Annual Meeting