Reactions and Separations
Finding the Capacity of a Distillation Column
Learn to identify the flood point and system limit of your distillation column to understand its capacity and ensure efficient operation.
Carbon Capture by Allam Power Cycle: A Comparative Analysis
Energy generation from natural gas power plants is on the rise. The Allam cycle offers an environmentally friendlier alternative to traditional natural gas combined cycle plants.
Hydrogen Safety Fundamentals
As the number of producers and end-users of hydrogen grows, so too does the importance of its safe handling and use.
Back to Basics
Empirical Process Control: Part 2
Proportional-integral-derivative (PID) controllers can handle most control problems if properly tuned. This article describes two basic methods of controller tuning.
Process Design and Development
A Framework for Digital Transformation
The digital transformation is overhauling the chemical process industries. Follow these five steps to implement Industry 4.0 projects at your facility.
- Decarbonization Can Create Short-Term Tangible Benefits
- COVID Vaccine Patch Passes Early Test in Mice
- Strangely Viscous Polymer Fluid Flows Explained
- Researchers Study New Method of Self-Sustaining Ocean Cleanup
- Should Fossil Fuel Producers Be Required to Take Back Emissions?
- Editorial: Networking Face-to-Face at AIChE’s Annual Meeting
- Catalyzing Commercialization: Low-Cost Nanostructured Catalysts Promise Cleaner Indoor Air
- AIChE Journal Highlight:New Research Directions Appear in the Fourth Futures Issue
- New Products: Fluids and Solids Handling; Environmental, Health, and Safety; Materials and Chemicals; Operations and Maintenance; Software; Instrumentation; Laboratory Equipment
- Process Safety Beacon: Situational Awareness Is Key to Avoiding Errors
- Sponsored Content: Prescriptive Maintenance Solutions for Unplanned Asset Downtime — Download this special report
- Emerging Voices: What’s New in Alternative Energy?
- Career Connection: Following My Own Advice
- Institute News
- A Message from June Wispelwey, AIChE Executive Director and CEO
- Reflections from Deborah Grubbe, 2021 AIChE President
- AIChE Announces New Officers, Board for 2022
- In Memoriam - Cawas A. Cooper