The Chevron-sponsored 2016 Chem-E-Car Competition® took place Sunday, November 13 in San Francisco at the AIChE Annual Student Conference.
The top trophy went to the team from Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology for a best-run that came within 11 cm of the target line.
The KAIST team receiving the first-place trophy.
41 regional winners from all over the U.S. plus 10 international teams competed to for the year's top prize. Teams were asked to prepare spotlight videos to introduce their team and car. These videos were played ahead of each team's run but you can watch them all here.
Georgia Institute of Technology with the second-place trophy.
The third-place trophy went to the team from New Jersey Institute of Technology, whose car came within 14 cm of the target line on its best run.
New Jersey Institute of Technology accepts the third-place trophy.
Other awards included (see links for pictures)
- 1st place poster competition award - University of British Columbia
- 2nd place poster competition award -University of Washington, Virginia Tech & Texas A&M, Qatar
- 3rd place poster competition award - California Baptist University & Carnegie Mellon University
- Best Chem-E-Car Video: Auburn University
- Most Consistent Performance - University of Alabama, Huntsville & Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Sede Bogotá
- Spirit of the Competition Award - City College of New York
- Most Creative Drive System - Lodz University of Technology
- Best Inherent Safety in Design of Car - Kansas State University
- Golden Tire Award - California Baptist University