The Chevron-sponsored 2015 Chem-E-Car Competition® resulted in a tie for 1st place for the performance competition. Both Cornell and McGill Universities scored runs of 5cm! UC Davis took the 3rd place trophee with a score of 17cm.
Cornell University took first place with a score 5cm.
McGill also took first place with a score of 5cm.
UC Davis took 3rd place with a score of 17 cm.
The 2015 Annual Student Conference Chem-E-Car Competition® took place Sunday, November 7 at 12:30PM in Salt Lake City. 34 regional winners from all over the U.S. plus international teams from Canada, Korea, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia competed to win the annual competition. The teams were asked to prepare spotlight videos to introduce their team and car. These videos were played ahead of each team's run but you can watch them all here.
The Spirit of Competition Award went to City College of New York
Other awards included
- 1st place poster competition award - Virginia Tech
- 2nd place poster competition award - Kansas State University
- 3rd place poster competition award - Georgia Tech
- Most Consistent Performance - Colorado State University
- Most Creative Drive System - University of Maine
- SAChE Safety Award - University of Cincinnati
- Golden Tire Award - University of Maine & Georgia Tech
- Best Use of Biological Reaction to Power Car - Carnegie Mellon University
Smells like team spirit!
The struggle is real!
This better be right!
Just one more drop...
And I am pleased with the result!
Sometimes a towel just isn't handy!
The team hard at work.
There's always room for a little drama!
Smile, you're on ChemE Camera!
Stay tuned for this year's official Chem-E-Car Video.