Crystallization Process Development
- Course ID:
- Type: eLearning (online) Course
- Skill Level:
This online course provides an in-depth overview of an integrative approach for crystallization development – using models to analyze the SLE behavior of the system, validating the model using relevant experimental data, and systematically synthesizing a crystallization process based on the SLE behavior. Starting with fundamental issues such as solubility and physical properties, we will discuss the relevant theories, methods, experimental techniques, and design methods that have been used in many industrial applications for developing an optimum crystallization process. Various examples will be provided to throughout the course. The course is divided into eight lectures:
- Introduction to Crystallization Process Development
- Basics of Solid Liquid Equilibrium (SLE) and Phase Diagrams
- Thermodynamics-based Conceptual Design of Crystallization Processes
- Synthesis of Crystallization-based Separation and Purification Processes
- Crystallization Processes Involving More Complex SLE Behaviors
- Chiral Resolution and Polymorphic Crystallization Process
- Modeling, Experiments, and Analysis of Experimental Data
- Design and Scale-up Issues: An Overview
Do you already own this content?
If you are already enrolled in this course, click here to access it in the learn center.
|AIChE Grad Student Members||$247.50|
|AIChE Undergrad Student Members||$247.50|
Training 10 or More?
In-company training and volume pricing are available. Learn more.