Plug the Holes in the Swiss Cheese Model
Stop using operator error as an excuse. Apply human factors considerations to improve your alarm system and help operators respond to alarms effectively.
CFD-DEM: Modeling the Small to Understand the Large
Coupling traditional computational fluid dynamics (CFD) approach to model the fluid phase with the discrete element method (DEM) to model the particles creates a powerful numerical method to study multiphase particulate flows.
BACK TO BASICS
Boiler Project Fundamentals
This article describes several variables to consider when selecting a steam boiler, from choosing a boiler configuration to understanding boiler water chemistry.
Troubleshooting Wastewater Treatment Plants
Use statistical analysis to find a cure for a "sick" wastewater treatment plant.
- CRISPR-Cas9 Checkpoint Makes the Cut
- Peptides Amp Up Fragrance Delivery
- Ultrathin Foil Turns Motion into Energy
- Nanorod Heaters Enable Preservation of Fish Embryos
- Hydrogels Could Smooth The Way for Medical Devices
- Nanoparticles Boost Antibody Production
- Nanoswimmers Navigate Across Boundaries
- Editorial: CEP on the Go
- Catalyzing Commercialization: Cold Sintering Creates New Avenues for Advanced Composites Manufacture
- AIChE Journal Highlight: Developing a Research Program
- Young Professionals Point of View: Maintain Work-Life Balance as a New Parent
- Leadership Q&A: A Woman's Path to the C-Suite
- Technical Entity Trends: The Ocean Holds Solutions to Water Sustainability Challenges
- Patent Update: Chemical Inventions and the Doctrine of Equivalents
- Process Safety Beacon: Haste Makes Waste
- Process Safety Visions: Responsible Collaboration
- Product Focus: Bioprocessing; Instrumentation
- Institute News
- Meet Some of AIChE's New Fellows
- Purdue Professor Invests in Young Professionals' Future
- Mikos, Zhao will Receive Awards from SBE
- WISE ChE Students Study Public Policy
- AIChE Foundation Announces Podcast Guests
- AIChE Election Ballots Due October 2
- AIChE Members Engage in Climate Discussion
The September 2017 issue of CEP is now available online. AIChE members receive access to CEP, including a searchable archive of issues dating back to 2001, online at https://www.aiche.org/cep.