SPECIAL SECTION: BIG DATA ANALYTICS
Big Data: The Four Vs
Big Data: What Is It?
Big data can pave the way to greater business and operational insight. New approaches and technologies are poised to help you navigate your journey.
Big Data: Success Stories in the Process Industries
Big data holds much potential for optimizing and improving processes. See how it has already been used in a range of industries, from pharmaceuticals to pulp and paper.
Big Data: Getting Started on the Journey
This article discusses some experiences and challenges in establishing an enterprise manufacturing intelligence (EMI) platform at a major chemical manufacturing company, and recommends steps you can take to convince your management to harness big data.
Big Data: Challenges and Future Research Directions
The big data movement is creating opportunities for the chemical process industries to improve their operations. Challenges, however, lie ahead.
BACK TO BASICS
PID Explained for Process Engineers: Part 3 – Features and Options
Understand the common features and options that are often incorporated into digital implementations of the PID block.
REACTIONS AND SEPARATIONS
Optimize Aerobic Fermenter Operation
Fermenter optimization involves determining a profile of agitator and compressor speeds that satisfy the required oxygen transfer rates. Optimization minimizes power consumption, which will save you money.
- Hybrid Polymer Reversibly Assembles and Disassembles
- CRISPR Edits Genes to Treat Liver Disease in Mice
- Simplifying Solar Cells with a New Mix of Materials
- Shape-Changing Polymer Morphs with the Touch of a Finger
- Shrink-Wrap Pressure Sensor Works Even When Bent
- Nanoparticles Shape-Shift to Deliver Chemotherapy
- AIChE Journal Highlight: Solving Global Challenges with Multiscale Systems Engineering
- Technical Entity Trends: When Resources are FEW
- Leadership Q&A: Transforming a Business
- Catalyzing Commercialization: Nanofibers Produce Mega Impact for High-Efficiency Separations
- Process Safety Beacon: Safety Devices Used as Control Devices
- Patent Update: When Does Patent Infringement Become a Federal Offense?
- Young Professionals Point of View: What to Ask During an Interview — and What Questions to Avoid
- Expo Preview: Interphex
- Product Focus: Flowmeters
- Institute News
- Council for Chemical Research Reorganizes Under AIChE
- Kramvis Is AIChE Government and Industry Leaders Award Lecturer
- AIChE Expands Inclusiveness Initiatives with “Safe Zone” Session
- International Society for Water Solutions Announces New Leaders
- Your AIChE Membership: Technical Divisions, Forums, and Technological Communities
- Member News
The March 2016 issue of CEP is now available online. AIChE members receive access to CEP, including a searchable archive of issues dating back to 2001, online at http://www.aiche.org/cep.