2015 AIChE SALARY SURVEY
Chemical engineers continue to earn more than the average U.S. worker. The median salary of survey respondents is $127,000 — a 5.8% increase over the median reported in 2013. AIChE members can download an expanded version of the print article, with additional information, tables, and figures from CEP's website.
Develop a Maintenance and Reliability Plan
An effective reliability program provides the right maintenance on the right assets at the right time.
Back to Basics
Select the Right Impeller
The key to effective, efficient mixing is selecting the appropriate impeller.
Minimize Errors in Temperature Measurement
Temperature measurements are most useful when they are accurate. Find out how to estimate the error attributable to a temperature probe and ways to minimize it.
- A Bionic Device Mimics Natural Photosynthesis
- Molecules Click into Biocompatible Hydrogels
- Nature-Inspired Coating Wards Off Water and Light
- Leakproof Graphene Finds a Home in Water Filtration
- Onions Flex their Muscles Outside of the Kitchen
- Bird of Paradise Inspires Colorful Films
- AIChE Journal Highlight: New Model Optimizes Water Use in Shale Gas Development
- Catalyzing Commercialization: High-Performance MOFs Improve the Economics of Industrial Gases
- Process Automation Corner: The U.S. Chemicals Industry in Perspective
- Process Safety Beacon: Conduct of Operations
- Career Corner: Building Your Negotiating Skills
- Profile: Building Entrepreneurial Excellence
- What’s New
- Product Digest: Laboratory Equipment
- Institute News:
- Meeting Summary: Spring Meeting and 11th Global Congress on Process Safety
- AIChE's 2014 Financial Statements
- Your AIChE Membership — Leadership Opportunities
- Diversity Workshop Sets Agenda for Summit at Annual Meeting
The June 2015 issue of CEP is now available online. AIChE members receive access to CEP, including a searchable archive of issues dating back to 2001, online at http://www.aiche.org/cep