REACTIONS AND SEPARATIONS
Predict Distillation Tray Efficiency
An empirical technique — the O’Connell correlation — is widely used to estimate the efficiency of cross-flow trays. This article proposes a modification and clarifies the relationship between the empirical and theoretical approaches.
Read this article now
FLUIDS AND SOLIDS HANDLING
Design Inherently Safer Piping
Several regulations and standards should be considered when you are designing a piping system. This article highlights elements of these codes and standards that are commonly overlooked.
Cultivate and Sustain Motivation
Motivation can be nebulous, appearing and then simply disappearing. In a team environment, it is vital that you ensure it stays put to drive results and reach goals.
- Nanomaterials Restore Aged Canvases
- New Coating Keeps Dental Retainers Clean
- Single-Strand DNA Reactivates Tumor-Suppressor Genes
- Rapid Zika Detection: A Game-Changer in Disease Surveillance
- Imaging Method Diagnoses Breast Cancer in a Flash
- Magnetic Polymers Remove Bad Odors from Wines
- Editorial: Tune In, but Don’t Tune Out
- Catalyzing Commercialization: New System Freezes Food Faster at Lower Cost
- AIChE Journal Highlight: Using Machine Learning for Catalyst Design
- Technical Entity Trends: Upgrading Natural Gas Technology
- Process Safety Beacon: Excess Cooling Can Cause a Runaway Reaction
- New Products: Software; Process Control; Instrumentation
- The ChE in Context: Educating the Future Advanced Manufacturing Workforce
- YPOV: Lessons for the New Professor
- Institute News
The July 2018 issue of CEP is now available online. AIChE members receive access to CEP, including a searchable archive of issues dating back to 2001, online at https://www.aiche.org/cep.
Chemical Engineering Progress (CEP) now has a mobile app available for download on the Apple and Android platforms. You can now have CEP at your fingertips — from the latest R&D news and new equipment to feature articles and special sections. Download the app.