Back to Basics
Essentials of Job Hazard Analysis
Job hazard analyses require employees and employers to think critically about the dangers of a work environment and prepare operators for the unexpected.
Special Section: Energy-Efficient Manufacturing
Win the Race to an Energy Efficient Future
Better Plants: Working with Manufacturers to Save Energy
The U.S. Dept. of Energy’s Better Plants program provides technical assistance, training, software, and tools to help manufactures improve their energy performance.
A Ten-Step Process for Energy Analysis
Understand the energy used to transform raw material into finished product to enhance energy efficiency.
Reations and Separations
Can We Count on Good Turndown in Two-Pass Moving-Valve Trays?
At turndown, the efficiency of two-pass moving-valve trays may be lower than expected due to maldistribution of the vapor within the trays. This article explores this maldistribution and describes ways to alleviate it.
- San Francisco Plastic Ban Inspires Criticism and Innovation
- Microparticles Scrub Away Biofilm
- Engineers Use Smartphones to Detect Lead in Drinking Water
- AI Predicts Organic Reactions
- There’s A New Way to Sense Viral RNA, and It’s Gold
- Editorial: Clean Water: What is it Worth?
- Catalyzing Commercialization: Membrane-Based Technologies Treat Produced Water from Oil and Gas Operations
- AIChE Journal Highlight: Characterizing Complex Nanostructured Catalysts
- YPOV: Advice for Young Managers: R-E-S-P-E-C-T
- Process Safety Beacon: Several Small Changes Can Add Up to a Big Problem
- Spotlight On Safety: Abnormal Situation Management
- New products: bioprocessing, software, instrumentation, operations and maintenance
- Technical Entity Trends: The Food Industry Responds to Consumer Demands
- Institute News
- AIChE and Wiley Announce Launch of Journal of Advanced Manufacturing and Processing
- Trinseo’s Support Expands AIChE’s Student Process Safety Workshops to China
- Member News
The November 2018 issue of CEP is now available online. AIChE members receive access to CEP, including a searchable archive of issues dating back to 2001, online at https://www.aiche.org/cep.
CEP now has a mobile app available for download on the Apple and Android platforms. You can now have CEP at your fingertips — from the latest R&D news and new equipment to feature articles and special sections. Download the app.