The recipient of this year's Corporate Innovation Award is Genentech. Ahead of their award lecture, Dr. Ann Lee, senior vice president and head of global technical development for Roche and Jean Bender, Ph.D. and principal engineer at Genentech, had a few minutes to sit down with manager of technical programing for AIChE, Kristine Chin, to chat a bit about Genentech. You can watch this interview in the video panel on the right.
The Industrial Innovation Award recognizes a company for outstanding innovation. This year, Dr. Ann Lee, senior vice
president and head of global technical development for Roche, described how Genentech scientists and engineers pioneered and then exploited the use of recombinant DNA technology to develop and manufacture proteins and monoclonal antibodies for therapeutic use.
This presentation highlighted the chemical engineering innovations that contributed to several breakthroughs in therapeutic medicines, and that inspire us to focus our imagination on what is possible for patients. Genentech is a member of the Roche Group. The title of the presentation is: Genentech: A Rich History of Chemical Engineering Innovation.
Check out all videos taken at the 2010 AIChE Annual Meeting, including:
- Kristine Chin interviews Ann Lee and Jean Bender of Genentech
- Harvey W. Blanch interviewed at the SBE-sponsored James E. Bailey Award Lecture
- Julio M. Ottino, Dean, R.R. McCormick Institute Professor, interviewed at 62nd Institute Lecture
- Greg Stephanopoulos introduces Harvey W. Blanch, recipient of the 2010 James E. Bailey Award
- Kristi S. Anseth Speaks at Professional Progress Award Lecture at 2010 AIChE Annual
- David A. Klanecky of Dow and Spike Narayan of IBM on Energy and Water Sustainability
- Professor Roland Clift on Industrial Ecology and Sustainability
- Chemical Engineer Bill Lonergan on the 2010 AIChE Annual Meeting
- 2010 Chem-E-Car Winner