(259j) Computational Fluid Dynamics Modeling of Inter- Circulating Fluidized Bed
AIChE Annual Meeting
Tuesday, November 1, 2005 - 5:25pm to 5:35pm
- 1. N. Ngampradit, P. Piumsomboon, Simulation of a Circulating Fluidized Bed Combustor with Shrinking Core and Emission Models, ScienceAsia 30 (2004): 365-374
- 2. Gilbertson, M.A. and Yates, J.G., "The Motion of Particles Near a Bubble in a Gas-Fluidized Bed", J. Fluid. Mech., 323, 377-385 (1996).
- 3. V. N. Babak, T. B. Babak, and L. P. Kholpanov, Unsteady-State Mass Transfer of Gases between Two Quiescent Phases, Theoretical Foundations of Chemical Engineering, 2004, 38, 462--477.
Computational fluid dynamics modeling
of inter- circulating fluidized bed
WANG Qiang 1,2, MA Peisheng 1, JIA Qingzhu 1,2
1. College of Chemical Engineering, Tianjin University, Tianjin, 300074, China
2. College of Material Science and Chemical Engineering, Tianjin University of Science and Technology, Tianjin, 300222, China, email@example.com
Fluidized beds are found in many plant operations in chemical, pharmaceutical, environmental protection and mineral industries. Despite their widespread applications, much of the development and design of fluidized bed reactors have been empirical as the complex flow behaviors of gas-liquid flow in these systems makes flow modeling a challenging task. The work in our group has been focused on inter-circulating fluidized bed (ICFB). The advantage of ICFB is highly efficient in mass transfer and reaction rate compare with CFB.
A new computational fluid dynamics modeling of ICFB has been proposed based on the theory of mass transfer and energy transfer as well as momentum transfer conservative rules. It is
Numerical solution of the model is obtained,
The simulated results are consistent with experiments.
Correspondence Author : Dr Wang Leo Qiang
Professor of Chem. Engi.
College of Chemical Engineering
Tianjin University of Science and Tech.enology, Tianjin,China,
This paper has an Extended Abstract file available; you must purchase the conference proceedings to access it.
Do you already own this?
Log In for instructions on accessing this content.
|AIChE Pro Members||$150.00|
|AIChE Graduate Student Members||Free|
|AIChE Undergraduate Student Members||Free|
|AIChE Explorer Members||$225.00|