Abnormal Modes of Operation - When the Risk Is the Highest
- Conference: AIChE Spring Meeting and Global Congress on Process Safety
- Year: 2020
- Proceeding: 2020 Virtual Spring Meeting and 16th GCPS
- Type: Oral
- Room: 35th Center for Chemical Process Safety (CCPS) International Conference
- Location: vFairs Virtual Platform
- Time: Thursday, August 20, 2020 - 3:00pm-4:00pm
Several publications have stated that most significant incidents have occurred during abnormal modes of operation. Abnormal modes of operation include startup, shutdown, temporary operations, emergency, and maintenance activities. Yet much of the focus in process safety is during steady-state operation. Abstracts are sought that discuss the types of programs that are needed to manage these abnormal modes. Topics include what special techniques are used to analyze the hazards, implementation of special procedures and training, managing the slow creep of temporary operations becoming permanent, and any special surveillance and auditing programs.
Paper abstracts are public but to access Extended Abstracts, you must first purchase the conference proceedings.
Do you already own this?
Log In for instructions on accessing this content.
|Employees of CCPS Member Companies||$150.00|
|AIChE Graduate Student Members||Free|
|AIChE Undergraduate Student Members||Free|