What you'll find on this page:
- What you need to do after you've been accepted
- What you will want to know about logistics
- Oral Presentations
- Poster Presentations
- Publications & Indexing
- How to contact your session chairs
- How to withdraw your presentation
- The Natural Gas Conversion Symposium is accomplished by participation of all who attend the conference and we look forward to the the wealth of knowledge and discussion at this year's symposium.
- We are delighted that you intend to join us, now let your friends and colleagues know too! We encourage you to share the conference website with your colleagues, www.aiche.org/ngcs12
- Notify all co-authors of the acceptance.
- Register for the conference. All speakers and contributors are expected to register for the Meeting on a paid basis. AIChE's registration policy is available here. AIChE does not have a grant program that awards funding towards meeting registration or travel expenses.
- Book your hotel. Book early as rooms at the negotiated rate will become unavailable quickly.
- For presenting authors requiring a visa to the U.S., a personalized visa letter can be generated in Confex. Follow the link included in your acceptance letter. We are unable to directly contact embassies or various officials on your behalf.
- If co-authors require visa letters, please contact email@example.com with co-author information (name, affiliation, email and any other information required in the letter). We are unable to directly contact embassies or various officials on their behalf.
- Venues: All technical sessions will be held at the Grand Hyatt in San Antonio, TX.
- A/V: A projector, screen, and podium will be available in each meeting room. AIChE does not provide computers in all function rooms, so please plan to bring a laptop or make arrangements with your session chairs to use their computer and bring your presentation on a flash drive.
- Projector Aspect Ratio at the symposium: 16:9
- Questions on A/V? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A template (optional) is available for use. If you choose to use your own template, please keep in mind that the projector ratio is 16:9.
- The timing of each presentation varies based on the session. Specific date, time, and location are included in your acceptance email and can also be found in the online technical program.
- The timing of each presentation includes time for questions and answers, so please take that into account when creating your presentation.
- There is no poster template for NGCS 12.
- Poster Board Size: The live display of poster boards is 3.75 feet wide x 3.75 feet tall (110 cm x 110 cm). Please make sure your poster is slightly smaller so that it fits in the space.
- Printing & Bringing your Poster: Poster Presenters are responsible for bringing their posters to the conference. AIChE will not be able to print the posters. Please check the venue websites for information on printing services available.
- Poster Setup: Each poster presenter will have an assigned space. You will be able to set up your poster approximately one hour before the session starts. Please do not set up your poster earlier as it may cause confusion with someone else using that spot at an earlier poster session. Please ensure that posters are made of lightweight materials, such as paper (laminated or other), cardboard, foam core etc. to put up on the panels. Posters will be posted with push pins made available at the poster session.
- Poster Session FAQs & Tips: More information is available here.
- Papers selected for presentation at the symposium are not automatically sent to the AIChE Journal for publication, however some authors will be invited to participate in a special issue of Catalysis Today post conference. Authors retain copyright to their paper and may subsequently submit it to any publication.
- AIChE makes the abstracts available to Scopus for indexing, but it is ultimately up to them to determine which abstracts they would like to include. Scopus chooses select topical conferences or programming groups for inclusion, but does not index all abstracts.
You can reach your session chairs by clicking on their email address in the technical program. Or, you can write to email@example.com to obtain their contact information.