While many summer plans are in flux due to changes brought on by COVID-19, due to its entirely virtual, RAPID will continue to offer the RAPID Summer Intern Program as-scheduled to help provide additional growth and learning opportunities to any students working onsite in traditional internships or to those whose internships may be happening in a virtual capacity.
Do you have an undergraduate or graduate student intern working on a project which advances process intensification (PI) or modular chemical processing? Consider nominating them to be a RAPID intern in Summer 2020.
The RAPID Intern Program is a virtual PI leadership program which overlays on the work they are already doing at RAPID member organizations. The program provides students with PI leadership training and professional development skill-building opportunities like networking, career discovery, and presenting. The deadline for nominations is May 11.
What does the RAPID Student Intern Program include?
- Technical project work on a project advancing process intensification or modular process design (provided by RAPID member).
- Virtual leadership development training including 1-2 weekly webinars or eLearning courses (provided by RAPID).
- Virtual RAPID Intern community and ability to network and collaborate with other RAPID interns (provided by RAPID).
- The opportunity to develop and present a presentation on their intern experience to a panel of RAPID members and network with RAPID representatives (provided by RAPID).
What is the timeline for the Summer 2020 RAPID Student Intern Program?
- Nomination Deadline: May 11
- Acceptance Notifications Sent: May 18
- Orientation/Program Start Date: June 1
- Program End Date: August 7