Just the Essential Info on Gerald (Jerry) Wilks:
• Work experience in the steel and oil industries – 12 years in the steel industry and ~27 years in the oil industry. Also 4 years in the Air Force.
• Oil industry experience primarily in refining and downhole metallurgy & corrosion
• Three degrees from IIT: BS Met. Eng. (’72), MS Met. Eng (’82), & MS Chem. Eng (’05)
• Three patents: one for a chemical process and two for steel heat treating processes
• Several previous papers for NACE, European Creep Collaborative Committee, & HIDA-5 Conferences. Two papers in Europe and the rest at US conferences.
• US military experience in the Air Force: Biloxi, MS; Karamursel, Turkey (3 years) and San Antonio, TX
• Can speak Turkish & Spanish
• Current Title: Senior Corrosion & Materials Engineer - Lemont Refinery, CITGO Petroleum Inc.
• Married, with two children - my wife is a professor teaching Turkish and Persian languages at Northwestern University.
• Chairman of AIChE Chicago 2013-2014 I held several other AIChE Chicago offices in the past.