- Notify all co-authors of the acceptance.
- Register for the conference. All speakers and contributors are expected to register for the Meeting on a paid basis. AIChE's registration policy is available here. AIChE does not have a grant program that awards funding towards meeting registration or travel expenses.
- Book your hotel. Book early as rooms at the negotiated rate will become unavailable quickly.
- For presenting authors requiring a visa to the U.S., a personalized visa letter can be generated in Confex. Follow the link included in your acceptance letter. We are unable to directly contact embassies or various officials on your behalf.
- If co-authors require visa letters, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with co-author information (name, affiliation, email and any other information required in the letter). We are unable to directly contact embassies or various officials on their behalf.
- Venues: All technical sessions will be held at the Hilton Americas and George R. Brown Convention Center
- A/V: A projector, screen, and podium will be available in each meeting room. Microphones will only be provided in select rooms. AIChE does not provide computers in all function rooms, so please plan to bring a laptop or make arrangements with your session chairs to use their computer and bring your presentation on a flash drive. Laptops will only be placed in rooms being recorded.
- Projector Aspect Ratio at the 2020 AIChE Spring Meeting: 16:9
- Questions on A/V? Email us at email@example.com
- Papers selected for presentation at the Meeting are not automatically sent to the AIChE Journal for publication, however authors retain copyright to their paper and may subsequently submit it to any publication.
- AIChE makes the abstracts available to Scopus for indexing, but it is ultimately up to them to determine which abstracts they would like to include. Scopus chooses select topical conferences or programming groups for inclusion, but does not index all abstracts.
Spring Proceedings Upload Instructions
- Please start by going to your personal Confex Portal, provided in your acceptance notice. NOTE: If the link shows an error when clicked on, please try copying and pasting the link into a new tab.
- Click the "Presentation/Paper Upload" link associated with your paper.
You can reach your session chairs by clicking on their email address in the technical program. Or, you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain their contact information.
- Notify email@example.com of your withdrawal. Please provide your name, presentation title and session.
- Notify your session chairs of the withdrawal.
- If you have already registered, contact AIChE Customer Service and consult the Cancellation policy available on the Registration Information page.
Click on the meeting you're preparing for specific deadlines:
Regular Session Presentation Guide
Regular PAPER Poster Session
Electronic Poster Sesssion - each presenter will have 6 minutes to present
Important Due Dates for 16th GCPS:
- Draft papers are due to session chairs by email February 1, 2020
- Final papers are due to session chairs by email February 25, 2020
- Draft presentations are due to session chairs via email by March 1, 2020
- Final Presentations are due to session chairs via email by March 16, 2020
- Conference Date: March, 30- April 1, 2020. Remember to Register for the GCPS!
Full Paper Upload Guide: (Please do not upload your full paper until your session chairs approves your draft paper)
Go to https://aiche.confex.com/aiche/s20/portal.cgi? and enter in your login information. Alternatively, you can click the direct link that was provided in the acceptance email.
Once logged in to your speaker portal, select "Extended Abstract Upload" underneath the abstract for which you would like to upload a paper
If you need a invitation letter to apply for Visa please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please apply for VISA ASAP.
- Oral Presentations & Conference Template
- Poster Presentations
- Electronic Poster Presentations
- Publications & Indexing
- How to submit your paper or slides for proceedings
- How to contact your session chairs
- How to withdraw your presentation
- Final Program Posted: January 17th, 2020
- Acceptance Notices Sent: January
- Cutoff date for changes to the printed program book: February 2020
- Paper submission for pre-conference proceedings: March 2020
- Paper submission for final proceedings: April 2020
- Please see the slide/powerpoint template for the Spring Meeting here
- Suggested guidelines for powerpoint presentation can be found here, if you choose not to use the provided template.
- The timing of each presentation varies based on the session. Specific date, time, and location are included in your acceptance email and can also be found in the online technical program.
- The timing of each presentation includes time of questions and answers, so please take that into account when creating your presentation.
- There is no poster template for the Spring Meeting.
- Poster Board Size: The live display of poster boards is 3.75 feet wide x 3.75 feet tall (110 cm x 110 cm). Please make sure your poster is slightly smaller so that it fits in the space.
- Printing & Bringing your Poster: Poster Presenters are responsible for bringing their posters to the conference. AIChE will not be able to print the posters. Please check the venue websites for information on printing services available.
- Poster Session FAQs: More information is available here.
We would like to invite all authors to submit a paper (~7-8 pages) or a pdf of their presentation/poster to be included in the Meeting online proceedings. To submit your presentation/paper, you must upload it via the link provided in your acceptance notice. Spring Proceedings Upload Instructions will be posted shortly.
Disclaimer: If you do not submit a presentation record, AIChE will use the abstract that was submitted to the Call for Abstracts. All available presenter/author/chair e-mail addresses will appear on the proceedings. We do not require a permission-to-reproduce form; by submitting a presentation record we take it to mean that you, as the copyright holder, have granted AIChE permission to include it in the online proceedings.
If you do not wish to have your paper or abstract included in the proceedings, please contact us at email@example.com before the above deadline for pre-conference proceedings submission.
- Final Proceedings: If you cannot submit by the pre-conference proceedings deadline, you will be able to submit your paper or slides through the end of the conference. Papers submitted between the above deadline through the end of the conference will only appear in the proceedings made available approximately 6-8 weeks after the conference.
- If you need to edit a paper that has already been submitted, please return to the submission link provided and reupload the new paper. The old paper can then be deleted. If the reupload is done after the pre-conference proceedings have been posted, changes will only appear in the final proceedings.
- Past proceedings for Meetings can be found on the AIChE Proceedings site.
- Proceedings for Meetings prior to 2005 can be found at the Linda Hall Library.