(34a) Molecule Management:Crude Unit Diesel Recovery
- Conference: AIChE Spring Meeting and Global Congress on Process Safety
- Year: 2019
- Proceeding: 2019 Spring Meeting and 15th Global Congress on Process Safety
- Group: Kister Distillation Symposium
- Time: Monday, April 1, 2019 - 1:35pm-2:05pm
Other configurations may include:
- gas oil towers,
- vacuum preflash towers, and
- gas oil splitters.
In addition, recycles between towers and improved stripping of diesel from gas oil sidestrippers can improve diesel recovery.
- reviews the basic options (atmospheric and vacuum towers) and
- compares the basic options to the less common configurations.
Results are shown for an example crude for both distillation and cloud point specifications.
The analysis focuses on combining both the fundamentals of fractionation with an understanding of equipment limits and performance. Fundamentals covered will include system pressure and relative volatility and liquid-to-vapor ratios in the different options.
This paper has an Extended Abstract file available; you must purchase the conference proceedings to access it.
Do you already own this?
Log In for instructions on accessing this content.
|Employees of CCPS Member Companies||$150.00|
|AIChE Graduate Student Members||Free|
|AIChE Undergraduate Student Members||Free|