Fundamentals of Refinery Distillation for Operations
- Conference: AIChE Spring Meeting and Global Congress on Process Safety
- Year: 2018
- Proceeding: 2018 Spring Meeting and 14th Global Congress on Process Safety
- Group: 21st Topical Conference on Refinery Processing
- Time: Monday, April 23, 2018 - 1:00am-1:30am
Understanding of refinery vacuum unit operations must cover both yield and quality effects and fundamental monitoring variables for controlling and optimizing unit performance.
This analysis examines four elements of fuels vacuum towers;
- incremental yield and product quality changes.
- effects of entrainment on product quality.
- heat balance changes with yield changes.
- heat balance, yield, and operating changes between the slop, LVGO, and HVGO products.