(7b) Optimizing Your Remote HAZOP/LOPA Experience
- Conference: AIChE Spring Meeting and Global Congress on Process Safety
- Year: 2018
- Proceeding: 2018 Spring Meeting and 14th Global Congress on Process Safety
- Group: Global Congress on Process Safety
- Time: Monday, April 23, 2018 - 11:00am-11:30am
- Todayâs workers are more comfortable and effective with long-distance communications that include video and computer screen sharing.
- Video and other interactive communications are more readily available in the workplace.
- HAZOP/LOPA documentation almost always involves use of computers.
Nothing is quite as good as a team being in the same geographical location, but the savings in travel costs, the personal/business time impacts associated with personnel travel, and the ability to more quickly convene and implement a HAZOP/LOPA review can make use of contemporary communications technologies to allow some members to join the team discussions remotely an attractive option that can increase overall efficiency, without compromising quality.
The presentation of this topic will focus on tips that can be directly used by the HAZOP/LOPA Facilitator to optimize the logistics to get the most out of a HAZOP/LOPA where some or all team members are geographically distant.
This paper has an Extended Abstract file available; you must purchase the conference proceedings to access it.
Do you already own this?
Log In for instructions on accessing this content.
|Employees of CCPS Member Companies||$150.00|
|AIChE Graduate Student Members||Free|
|AIChE Undergraduate Student Members||Free|