(197f) Reboiled Refinery Sidestrippers Considered As a Special Case of Thermally Coupled Columns
- Conference: AIChE Spring Meeting and Global Congress on Process Safety
- Year: 2018
- Proceeding: 2018 Spring Meeting and 14th Global Congress on Process Safety
- Group: Distillation Symposium
- Time: Wednesday, April 25, 2018 - 4:27pm-5:02pm
Often reboiled sidestrippers are not thought of this way, but they are one of the oldest and most established practical applications of thermally coupled columns. One factor limiting their understanding is that refinery services have product specifications set on performance properties of broad boiling-range product streams rather than by purity targets based on a few components.
This analysis examines the following elements of reboiled sidestrippers;
- survey of industry practice on use.
- capacity and yield benefits or costs.
- heat source analysis and practical limits.
- stastical analysis of economic factors favoring them.
- secondary factors in selection and application.
This paper has an Extended Abstract file available; you must purchase the conference proceedings to access it.
Do you already own this?
Log In for instructions on accessing this content.
|Employees of CCPS Member Companies||$150.00|
|AIChE Graduate Student Members||Free|
|AIChE Undergraduate Student Members||Free|