(101a) Choosing and Using Tollers to Manufacture
- Conference: AIChE Spring Meeting and Global Congress on Process Safety
- Year: 2017
- Proceeding: 2017 Spring Meeting and 13th Global Congress on Process Safety
- Group: Innovative Manufacturing
- Time: Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 10:15am-11:00am
The use of contract manufacturers at the pilot plant level provides a seedy solution to these problems. The majority of the investment has already been made and basic safety issues have been addressed. Only safety issues specific to the project require further assessment. Environmental risks should be discussed in detail with the contract manufacturer since you (the contracting company) own the environmental liability for the project. Lastly, the unit is already staffed with trained operators. Time constraints are now limited to toller schedule and feed logistics.
This presentation discusses
- How to identify tollers
- How to transfer the technology while maintaining IP
- How to implement the technology at the toller
- How to successfully manage the effort.
Case studies of our experiences, some of which went well, others not so well will be discussed